Silky hatch-along and OdoBan on eggs experiment

Pics
I haven't candled them since Day 7, and then lost 2 of 5 of those, but also tossed 2 of 5 of the regular eggs that are with them. So all it's proving at this time is perhaps I have a rooster or two that's shooting blanks. ☺️

I really believe if the Odoban was going to affect them, it would have killed them off right away. But, it'll definitely prove it when they hatch.
I'm going to get some Odoban the next time I'm over at Home Depot to use multiple ways. I think it should be used on the incubators after every hatch and especially the ones that are used for hatchers.

I won't be using the mesh bags as not enough buffs made it this far. Those I'm thinking would have caused me to sneak them out when they hatched to get them out of there.

It's sort of a wash on the $$ lost on the hatching eggs as DNA was going to cost me $64, which I won't be spending now. Thus, they stay in there while any are pipped or zipping even if they beg me. You know they do that lol. They look you in the eye and cry. ☺️

So we'll not be dealing with shrink-wrapped eggs, hopefully!
Those eye stares and peeps through the incubator lid are so hard to say no to!

Good morning Ember and eggies!

It snowed more here last night!
Snow Day GIF by GIPHY Studios 2021

I'm going to get some Odoban the next time I'm over at Home Depot to use multiple ways. I think it should be used on the incubators after every hatch and especially the ones that are used for hatchers.
It seems like it's better than Lysol even as that only kills 99% of germs. ☺️

I just started doing that myself as I forgot I had a jug of it in the basement. I didn't realize how good it was until @2ndTink got me reading up on Marek's and I found out about it being used in hatcheries, and that it kills the herpes virus along with everything else. We made a spray bottle of it using their ratio. It goes a long way too!

I just started doing that myself as I forgot I had a jug of it in the basement. I didn't realize how good it was until @2ndTink got me reading up on Marek's and I found out about it being used in hatcheries, and that it kills the herpes virus along with everything else. We made a spray bottle of it using their ratio. It goes a long way too!
CAn you use Oban in the coop around chickens. I like it i use in my kitchen and bath. Never thought in the coop. Guess where husband is taking me lol 😆 🤪 to Rual King to look at incubators. :lau

For when we want to kill everything but the precious chicks inside! Lol.

CAn you use Oban in the coop around chickens. I like it i use in my kitchen and bath. Never thought in the coop. Guess where husband is taking me lol 😆 🤪 to Rual King to look at incubators. :lau
Yay! Date night at Rural King! I need one with my hubby... 🤣

I hope you find a perfect incubator!

The Odoban site has a really long list of everywhere you can use it, the dilution rate, and recommended use (ie rinse off or drying time).

Back
Top Bottom