Silky hatch-along and OdoBan on eggs experiment

Pics
Tired Good Night GIF by Muffin & Nuts
little ones

I'm glad that I checked mine one last time before putting them to bed tonight. The humidity had dropped to 10% which is way to low for an extended period. At least they were not in lock down yet. It's been so cold outside causing our heating to run so much making the air so dry the incubator used up the water in the system much sooner than normal. It's been filled to where it will be in the mid 70% range now until it gets one more filling before lock down. It may need on refill during lock down and maybe not. I normally run a humidifier near the incubators during lockdown to prevent shrinkwrap.

I'm glad that I checked mine one last time before putting them to bed tonight. The humidity had dropped to 10% which is way to low for an extended period. At least they were not in lock down yet. It's been so cold outside causing our heating to run so much making the air so dry the incubator used up the water in the system much sooner than normal. It's been filled to where it will be in the mid 70% range now until it gets one more filling before lock down. It may need on refill during lock down and maybe not. I normally run a humidifier near the incubators during lockdown to prevent shrinkwrap.
I've had mine get down to pretty close to that a couple of times but at most it was a couple of hours as I dribble water in it every night. Luckily, like you said, at least it wasn't lockdown. I have one of those essential oil diffusers between the two incubators, as if that's going to raise the humidity lol. I didn't put any scent in it so it's just a little trickle of steam coming from it.

I've had mine get down to pretty close to that a couple of times but at most it was a couple of hours as I dribble water in it every night. Luckily, like you said, at least it wasn't lockdown. I have one of those essential oil diffusers between the two incubators, as if that's going to raise the humidity lol. I didn't put any scent in it so it's just a little trickle of steam coming from it.
I'm using a vaporizer with out the additive. Just a Walgreens store brand unit. At least it makes me feel like I'm doing all I can for safety's sake.

I did the same in December, our house is so dry, I had two diffusers running without oils and it wasn't making a dent so I bought a room humidifier and it was blowing through 3 to 5 gallons of water a day, and still didn't see an uptick in the room humidity.

The super crazy thing is that in another 2 or 3 months it will be 50 to 60% humidity in the house, sometimes higher. In the winter we're 15 to 30%.

Heck ya! What a hubs!

Parks And Recreation Shopping GIF by PeacockTV

Load up girl on whatever it is you want/need while you have the chance! I've never heard mine suggest we go spend money on anything.
I picked up a few things to get ready for my next two hatches 😃 extra feeders and waterers so I can have nice setups for my new chicks. The most chicks I've ever had at once was 13, I'm hoping for a lot more from this next hatch 🥳

Good morning eggies! Keep growing you beautiful Ember 🥰

As a follow up story to our Rural King outing, I heard my hubby rummaging around in the kitchen last night after dinner and he's in there saying repeatedly, I'm gonna get bacon for breakfast tomorrow because I'm a good husband. 🤣 Sure enough, when I went out into the kitchen later, there's a pack of bacon thawing out, so guess who got bacon this morning? Yep, my good husband 😊😆 and fried eggs, thanks to all my wonderful ladies.

Back
Top Bottom