Silky hatch-along and OdoBan on eggs experiment

Pics
I just caught Stella sitting on the bureau between the two incubators. Stella is the adopted cat that took a liking to chicks in the brooder and sleeps on top of it any time we have chicks in there. She was watching the eggs which are doing absolutely nothing of course. It makes me wonder if cats can sense there's movement inside. 🤔 We have two other cats and neither of them ever did that or this brooder guarding thing.

View attachment 3731793
I bet she can tell with the egglets! What a cute girl 🥰 our dog was good to the chicks the first two years she's lost interest in them now for the most part 🤣

Last edited:
Good morning egglets, keep growing!!!

GIF by Paul Robertson

I bet she can tell with the egglets! What a cute girl 🥰 our dog was good to the chicks the first two years she's lost interest in them now for the most part 🤣
Maybe the next time I hatch eggs, I'll test out "cat candling." You'd just put each egg in front of the cat one at a time. If they do nothing, it's a dud. If their ears perk up, it's a good one! 🐣🐈
:gig

Maybe the next time I hatch eggs, I'll test out "cat candling." You'd just put each egg in front of the cat one at a time. If they do nothing, it's a dud. If their ears perk up, it's a good one! 🐣🐈
:gig
Maybe you could start a cat training business to assist people hatching chicks, you could take in strays from the shelter, train them how to detect love eggs, and get them connected with a good home and job 😆

Today is Day 17!! Locking down tonight.

That's the 4th day if they wait until 21 days to hatch but mine seem to be anxious and sometimes have pipped on the 20th. Most folks do 3 days, some folks do 5. I'll split the difference! Tonight the eggies all get set onto cushy mats.

1706030460564.png

Back
Top Bottom