Silky hatch-along and OdoBan on eggs experiment

Today is Day 17!! Locking down tonight.

That's the 4th day if they wait until 21 days to hatch but mine seem to be anxious and sometimes have pipped on the 20th. Most folks do 3 days, some folks do 5. I'll split the difference! Tonight the eggies all get set onto cushy mats.

View attachment 3732034
Yay! And oh my, that's cute!

Maybe you could start a cat training business to assist people hatching chicks, you could take in strays from the shelter, train them how to detect love eggs, and get them connected with a good home and job šŸ˜†
Hubs and I aren't even married and never will be, but after 17 years together, his new song would be D-I-V-O-R-C-E!

When I met him, he had a dog. Now we have 2 of those, 3 cats, 17 chickens, 2 macaw parrots, a chinchilla, and a plethora of wild birds to feed. I once asked him if he wished we didn't have all these animals. He said, nope! He knew what he was getting into and he wouldn't trade it for anything. :love

But if I started bringing in strays.....rut ro! :oops:

Hubs and I aren't even married and never will be, but after 17 years together, his new song would be D-I-V-O-R-C-E!

When I met him, he had a dog. Now we have 2 of those, 3 cats, 17 chickens, 2 macaw parrots, a chinchilla, and a plethora of wild birds to feed. I once asked him if he wished we didn't have all these animals. He said, nope! He knew what he was getting into and he wouldn't trade it for anything. :love

But if I started bringing in strays.....rut ro! :oops:
I have had up to around 8 horses at a time, 3 cows, 6 to 10 goats, a couple cats and 2 dogs at a time, but when I met my hubby I only had 1 cat. But, he knew I was a country girl, so our farm life isn't a shock to him. He grew up on a farm, hogs and chickens and lots of produce, so he's not exactly upset about what we've put together. But yeah, I'm pushing his limits with my chicken explosion šŸ¤£

I have had up to around 8 horses at a time, 3 cows, 6 to 10 goats, a couple cats and 2 dogs at a time, but when I met my hubby I only had 1 cat. But, he knew I was a country girl, so our farm life isn't a shock to him. He grew up on a farm, hogs and chickens and lots of produce, so he's not exactly upset about what we've put together. But yeah, I'm pushing his limits with my chicken explosion šŸ¤£
In comparison, I think chickens are the least of his worries. I can imagine it could have been so much worse had you had this much excitement about animals with 4 legs. :lau

nat geo wild stampede GIF by Savage Kingdom

In comparison, I think chickens are the least of his worries. I can imagine it could have been so much worse had you had this much excitement about animals with 4 legs. :lau

nat geo wild stampede GIF by Savage Kingdom
One constraint on the 4 legged animals (horses especially) is the cost, I can easily keep 100 chickens for the cost of feed for one horse šŸ¤£

I just finished removing the turning racks, lining both incubators with a mat, upped the humidity to 65 - 70%, candled the eggs (all looked okay), and laid them down to rest for 3-4 more days. :pop

Attachments

• 1-23-24 lockdown Odoban incubator.jpg
    1-23-24 lockdown Odoban incubator.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 1-23-24 lockdown shipped eggs.jpg
    1-23-24 lockdown shipped eggs.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 4
One constraint on the 4 legged animals (horses especially) is the cost, I can easily keep 100 chickens for the cost of feed for one horse šŸ¤£
I think @Ponypoor could concur, as she's doing both. Pretty chickens and horses, mmm!
If we'd had a couple more acres here, I think I might have twisted hubby's arm!

Back
Top Bottom