Silky hatch-along and OdoBan on eggs experiment

Pics
And it's out. That was the fastest pip to chick I think I've seen. Not a single other one can I see. I thought it would be cool if those three hatched a day early. Then everyone would start dipping their eggs lol. Anyway, this one appears jet black. View attachment 3734157
I have my very first silkie and it is coal black. It is still soaking wet so I can't pick it up yet. It has 6 chicks cheering it on. Now I hate to leave for town for needed supplies but ma will do a good job of watching over them.
:woot Congratulations to both of y'all!!
🎉:jumpy🎉:jumpy🎉

It’s been done with chicken eggs so would be cool to see if it also works for quail.
Congratulations Pat and Maxwell/Holly!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jumpy:yesss::celebrate

Joyeuses Paques Fun GIF

Another Silkie is out into the world. It's either a blue or gray color. Never had a chick this color before. I have but the little Silkies into a separate incubator to stay warm now that there is two of them. They have to hatch first in the one with the high humidity before going to their own new castle.
See if it's butt matches this one. :gig

If it does, this would be his dad, Blue Boy

blue roo.jpg

You're about the 3rd one today that said they lost this thread. 🫣

If it's specifically a hatch along you're looking for, they have their own little sub-forum. ☺️

View attachment 3734317
I frequently lose threads.
I've found that leaving reactions ("likes") when I read, means that I'll usually keep getting notifications.

Another Silkie is out into the world. It's either a blue or gray color. Never had a chick this color before. I have but the little Silkies into a separate incubator to stay warm now that there is two of them. They have to hatch first in the one with the high humidity before going to their own new castle.
Congrats on the little one! :jumpy

You are NOT going to believe this, but the 2nd chick to hatch, unbeknownst to me who has been checking them every half hour to hour, is another OdoBan chick! My gosh these two didn't fart around. They pip and get their butts right out.

24-O: @2ndTink Ember

Ironically, it looks like an Ember too. I think it must be a partridge from Tribe 1, the older ones. Not sure yet but it's dark with brown markings.

1706303731699.png

Back
Top Bottom