Silky hatch-along and OdoBan on eggs experiment

Pics
The last eggs with the Odoban eggs hatched, so we're 3/3 on the Odoban and 3/3 on the ones with the Odoban. 🎉

19: @janiedoe Tadpole (the one pictured)

21: Michael (hubs) Trix (his is dk gray and I couldn't get both in the picture).

View attachment 3734955
He looks like a tadpole! Hello from Auntie Janie, Tadpole!

I had to assist 1 that pipped and quit. It needed some coconut oil even at humidity staying at 75%. Once out it is a terror on two feet. Then along came another one requiring some coconut oil and is doing a lot better. I don't think one of my full size chicks is going to thrive. I got sugar water in it and some nutridrench for poultry but the little one just doesn't seem to want to make it. I think I may wind up with 3 blacks, 2 blues, and a splash. One of the blacks has enough feathers on his feet and legs he should be able to swim like a duck.

I had to assist 1 that pipped and quit. It needed some coconut oil even at humidity staying at 75%. Once out it is a terror on two feet. Then along came another one requiring some coconut oil and is doing a lot better. I don't think one of my full size chicks is going to thrive. I got sugar water in it and some nutridrench for poultry but the little one just doesn't seem to want to make it. I think I may wind up with 3 blacks, 2 blues, and a splash. One of the blacks has enough feathers on his feet and legs he should be able to swim like a duck.
I bet that splash is Marsha's! Has to be as there's no way to produce a splash out of the others that I know of.

The three Odoban chicks. Proving, an egg soaked 60 seconds in Odoban solution doesn't die, nor lose it's bloom.

odoban chicks 2.jpg

Attachments

• odoban chicks.jpg
    odoban chicks.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom