Silky hatch-along and OdoBan on eggs experiment

Pics
After the fall I just took in chicken mud that was two inches deep I need to be dipped for about 5 minutes in Odoban. No harm done other than give already broken ribs more reason to complain tonight. Mean while 5 gorgeous new silkies are stealing my heart.
Oh no! Also sounds like my chicken pens right now. I have places where water has been starting for 3 days or more in the yard.

Oh no! Also sounds like my chicken pens right now. I have places where water has been starting for 3 days or more in the yard.
My 3 young ones out there 3 months old who think snow is lava, now think a little water in the grass is lava too. They got their feet wet as I made them go in there. The adults walk right through it, they don't care if they're feathered feet get mucked up!

I have coops spread over what was once terraced farm land that probably grew peanuts and or cotton. Terraces were made to conserve as much rainfall as possible. I have some coops that need to have a ridge built channeling water away from them. I think the standing water is the worst I've seen here now.

Finally, the last five in the NR360 (shipped eggs) finished hatching! They're still in the incubator so I'll get all eight of them together tomorrow and take a group shot.

I'm so happy with what I got even though it was sure a poor hatch rate. Shipped eggs are always a risk, but especially in the winter. Still, these are beautiful chicks, from what I can tell so far. ☺️ :celebrate

3B: @The Chick Addict Sugar Plum/Damien
9B: @Chive Chestnut
14C: @Somewhere_In_The_Clouds Penn (last one to hatch and needed a little help)
16C: @Cloverr39 Lily/Lupin
18C: @ForFlocksSake

This wound up being in total:
3 Buffs
1 Paint
4 Cuckoos

Finally, the last five in the NR360 (shipped eggs) finished hatching! They're still in the incubator so I'll get all eight of them together tomorrow and take a group shot.

I'm so happy with what I got even though it was sure a poor hatch rate. Shipped eggs are always a risk, but especially in the winter. Still, these are beautiful chicks, from what I can tell so far. ☺️ :celebrate

3B: @The Chick Addict Sugar Plum/Damien
9B: @Chive Chestnut
14C: @Somewhere_In_The_Clouds Penn (last one to hatch and needed a little help)
16C: @Cloverr39 Lily/Lupin
18C: @ForFlocksSake

This wound up being in total:
3 Buffs
1 Paint
4 Cuckoos
I'm so glad the 3 buffs that started, hatched! Will you be keeping the paint and cuckoos?

And... which one is a Showgirl!?! 🤣🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom