Silky hatch-along and OdoBan on eggs experiment

Three weeks old! I still am not sure which three from the shipped eggs are supposed to be buffs, but I'll post them all here and we can guess. :old

The one on the left I think will be buff. The one on the right is gorgeous and looks like it has lace around its neck. Most likely a cuckoo although at first I thought it was a paint as she had one egg that hatched marked P. Not so sure about that.
IMG_0685.jpeg

The showgirl/NN is getting spots. Both of these I believe are cuckoos.
IMG_0681.jpeg

The one on the left I call Runt, because it is. ☺️ These two I believe may be the other two buffs as I'm supposed to have three.
IMG_0679.jpeg

I should have gotten a better picture. These two must be cuckoos as they sure aren't buff. :)
IMG_0683.jpeg

These two are mine, whose egg was dipped in Odoban. It appears I have a dk gray or black one and a mauve.
IMG_0680.jpeg

Three weeks old! I still am not sure which three from the shipped eggs are supposed to be buffs, but I'll post them all here and we can guess. :old

The one on the left I think will be buff. The one on the right is gorgeous and looks like it has lace around its neck. Most likely a cuckoo although at first I thought it was a paint as she had one egg that hatched marked P. Not so sure about that.
View attachment 3752461

View attachment 3752469

The one on the left I call Runt, because it is. ☺️ These two I believe may be the other two buffs as I'm supposed to have three.
View attachment 3752474

I should have gotten a better picture. These two must be cuckoos as they sure aren't buff. :)
View attachment 3752475

These two are mine, whose egg was dipped in Odoban. It appears I have a dk gray or black one and a mauve.
View attachment 3752484
Cutie pies! ❤

View attachment 3752461

View attachment 3752469

View attachment 3752474

View attachment 3752475

View attachment 3752484

Wow, three weeks already! That's giving me hope that my hatch isn't too far away. These guys have such a variety of colours, they're gorgeous! I'd gladly steal some🤣

Wow, three weeks already! That's giving me hope that my hatch isn't too far away. These guys have such a variety of colours, they're gorgeous! I'd gladly steal some🤣
I wish you were in the U.S. I'd put you on a list to send you some eggs down the road. It'll be like 9 months from now. ☺️

I wish you were in the U.S. I'd put you on a list to send you some eggs down the road. It'll be like 9 months from now. ☺️

Oh my, thank you! For the foreseeable future however, I am totally overrun with projects of my current breeds, and do not have enough coops for another. I'm also still not 100% at piece with getting more silkies in general, my last attempt at pure stock left a very bitter, and sad memory. Thank you for trusting me with your precious eggs, I'm truly honoured

Oh my, thank you! For the foreseeable future however, I am totally overrun with projects of my current breeds, and do not have enough coops for another. I'm also still not 100% at piece with getting more silkies in general, my last attempt at pure stock left a very bitter, and sad memory. Thank you for trusting me with your precious eggs, I'm truly honoured
I'm so sorry to hear you had a bad experience. It's hard to overcome I'm sure as my heart pours out to @2ndTink for the Marek's. I just can't even imagine!

I suppose when/if the time comes, we could see about shipping there, but surely that won't work because I'm sure they'd be flown, thus x-rayed. :confused:

I'm so sorry to hear you had a bad experience. It's hard to overcome I'm sure as my heart pours out to @2ndTink for the Marek's. I just can't even imagine!

I suppose when/if the time comes, we could see about shipping there, but surely that won't work because I'm sure they'd be flown, thus x-rayed. :confused:

Yes, I can't imagine what Tink is going through, Mareks is a horrible thing. Thank you for the kind words. Yes, that'd probably be the case. And even if they weren't X-rayed, that long travel would take a huge toll on fertility. Especially for the Greek part of the journey, I don't trust transportation with bringing them here intact🤣

Last edited:

View attachment 3752461

View attachment 3752469

View attachment 3752474

View attachment 3752475

View attachment 3752484
They are looking so cute! Could the P be penciled? 🤔

Mareks sucks! My latest chicks are all vaccinated and I am hoping this is the solution! It should be! They're going in a new coop in a new area too.

I read that eggs aren't considered a liquid so you can carry them on a plane, but, you still have that x-ray to go though.

Back
Top Bottom