SOS PLEASE HELP!!!! Chickens are SO loud. I am at my breaking point

Status
Not open for further replies.
The coop is like 6x4 and then run is 12x6 and they have the backyard which is like 1/8th of an acre but covered in snow right now. I guess maybe they could use more to do. Any suggestions? They hardly come out into the run when it is below 20F which is has been lately. Also, they start sounding off when it is still dark and they're still up on the roost. Any idea what could be causing that? Thanks for your thoughts!
Pictures are needed.
The run needs to be winterized to give them space to stay active and things to do when the snow flies. In snow country a solid roof is always helpful and covering the walls with a tarp to block the wind works wonders.
Having a good substrate to scratch around in like wood chips, leaves, pine straw, etc; things to fly up on to perch/preen, things to hop up on and dig around in. I have pallets leaning against each other, old wood chairs/stools, stumps of varying heights, old wood saw horses and branches mounted to the run walls.

maybe the neighbors like hearing them, maybe just ask them? that would reduce your stress if you find out that nobody is upset about it. I have ducks and geese and they are LOUD but my neighbrs like them they think they are hilarious. Of course my neighborhood is more rural than urban but the houses nxt to me are really close theres only 50 feet apart from my back door to their side door.
Those neighbors make a lot of noise anyway because their hobby is fixing up old motorcycles so yeah I guess they cant complain about some loud birds.

Thanks to those that provided feedback, the OP has requested this thread be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom