St. Patty's Day Green Egg Hatchalong, Set 2/25

I think all of mine are quitters. Not a single peep or pip this morning.
hit.gif
I'm so glad I got some chicks to put under the mama now! I'll give the eggs one more day and them pull them tomorrow morning.

I've got 21 in the brooder now. Six left in the bator, one Marans (the one I THOUGHT had died) is zipped and peeping. It's been pipped for over 2 days now, so I did remove some shell, encountered no blood vessels, wet it down, and put some Antibiotic Ointment near where it was pipped and the most dry.

The wind is REALLY kicking up out there, gotta check my outside brooders that everything is in place.

I've got 21 in the brooder now. Six left in the bator, one Marans (the one I THOUGHT had died) is zipped and peeping. It's been pipped for over 2 days now, so I did remove some shell, encountered no blood vessels, wet it down, and put some Antibiotic Ointment near where it was pipped and the most dry.

The wind is REALLY kicking up out there, gotta check my outside brooders that everything is in place.
Hooray!!!

hit.gif
I'm so glad I got some chicks to put under the mama now! I'll give the eggs one more day and them pull them tomorrow morning.

Aw. Sorry to hear that.

I think my hatch is wrapped up. I had 2 late hatchers overnight. One is pretty energetic, but has really bad curled toes. It sounds like a little motorboat paddling around the brooder. I had to make it cardboard shoes. This is a common problem with late hatching chicks, and these on day 23. I may keep the little guy since I can't very well sell a chick with cardboard shoes. The last chick isn't doing very well. It zipped about 3/4 of the way last night then got stuck. The membrane dried out badly. So I helped, but now it's laying in the bator looking very weak. I rarely help chicks, but I just couldn't resist this time, what with the peep peep peeping, and the little beak sticking out of the zip in the egg. It was too heartbreaking.

hit.gif
Ah I'm sorry that really stinks
sad.png

Congratulation's everyone with new little chicks
big_smile.png

I ended up with 4 out 5 ( the 5th didn't develop at all not sure it was fertile ) But here's my 4 little ones can you tell they all have the same parents . Hoping they lay green eggs like their mom they all got the feathered legs like their cochin dad though
smile.png

Quote: Started with 48, three weeks ago. 40 went into lockdown. 31 hatched.

One batch of local eggs had a 100% hatch 16/16. The other two local ones were not good. 0/1 and 6/10. The shipped eggs were okay, 9/15. The numbers I'm using here are what went into lockdown, not what I originally started with. I'm happy with it!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom