St. Patty's Day Green Egg Hatchalong, Set 2/25

Despite not having any eggs hatch (I have no idea why but am too squeamish to do an eggtopsy
sickbyc.gif
) this story has a happy ending because less than an hour ago I put my 8 brooder babies under my hen and she is happily clucking away at them as I type! So, my babies get a mama, mama gets babies, and I'm off the hook for raising the chicks. Win-win all around!
Here she is 10 minutes after I put them under her, I kind of can't believe 8 chicks actually fit under there but you can't see any of them! I'm so glad this worked!
wee.gif

Started with 48, three weeks ago. 40 went into lockdown. 31 hatched.

One batch of local eggs had a 100% hatch 16/16. The other two local ones were not good. 0/1 and 6/10. The shipped eggs were okay, 9/15. The numbers I'm using here are what went into lockdown, not what I originally started with. I'm happy with it!
smile.png
I lost the paper I had tell me what and how many I set and what kind I set. my calender says I sat 5 dozen. There is brown leghorns , wheaten marans, olive eggers, ee / ameruacanas blue, green, olive colored eggs, cuckoo marans. They started hatching yesterday So this after noon I'll put them in the brooder and see what I have.
I see the olive eggers f2s are hatching good, cute little guys.
marans are hard for me.
I laid them o their side to hatch this time they seemed to zip out of their eggs really good. write more later have to feed the animals and get ready for work.
What type of chicken did and did not hatch? All my eggs were home grown. question now is what hatched and what didn't. I don't candle so don't know what was fertile or a dud. Some to come after hatch is over. atopse time

Despite not having any eggs hatch (I have no idea why but am too squeamish to do an eggtopsy
sickbyc.gif
) this story has a happy ending because less than an hour ago I put my 8 brooder babies under my hen and she is happily clucking away at them as I type! So, my babies get a mama, mama gets babies, and I'm off the hook for raising the chicks. Win-win all around!
Here she is 10 minutes after I put them under her, I kind of can't believe 8 chicks actually fit under there but you can't see any of them! I'm so glad this worked!
wee.gif

She looks like a really happy momma!

Of my 13 green eggs -nothing pipped or hatched. Only 3 made it to lockdown and all died without absorbing their yolk. I think our constantly changing weather is really messing with incubation. I really would like Spring to actually get here, or even hint that its coming.

Started with 48, three weeks ago. 40 went into lockdown. 31 hatched.

One batch of local eggs had a 100% hatch 16/16. The other two local ones were not good. 0/1 and 6/10. The shipped eggs were okay, 9/15. The numbers I'm using here are what went into lockdown, not what I originally started with. I'm happy with it! :)

I lost the paper I had tell me what and how many I set and what kind I set.  my calender says I sat 5 dozen.  There is brown leghorns , wheaten marans,  olive eggers,  ee / ameruacanas blue, green, olive colored eggs, cuckoo marans.   They started hatching yesterday So this after noon I'll put them in the brooder and see what I have.
I see the olive eggers f2s are hatching good, cute little guys.
marans are hard for me.
I laid them o their side to hatch this time  they seemed to zip out of their eggs really good.  write more later have to feed the animals  and get ready for work.
What type of chicken did and did not hatch?   All my eggs were home grown. question now is what hatched and what didn't.   I don't candle so don't know what was fertile or a dud.   Some to come after hatch is over.  atopse time  

The 16/16 are Barnevelders from TLS Ranch, 0/1 was a Marans, and the 6/10 were Marans from a different breeder. The shipped eggs are Easter Eggers.

Good luck!

my Saint Patty hatch
I counted 26 bad eggs, unfertile 15, 4 fully developed but didn't hatch, 7 quitters
and this many hatched?????? I'll try to count them tomorrow. started hatch 18th. = 1, 19th AND 20th all of the above. Than today I was going check the eggs that didn't hatch and this was peeping.

Phey little thing
So I set 27 more eggs today 12 BCM, 11 EE/ amerucana , 3 cochin bathams
Boy I am bad PS can anyone count them?

my Saint Patty hatch I counted 26 bad eggs, unfertile 15, 4 fully developed but didn't hatch, 7 quitters and this many hatched?????? I'll try to count them tomorrow. started hatch 18th. = 1, 19th AND 20th all of the above. Than today I was going check the eggs that didn't hatch and this was peeping. Phey little thing So I set 27 more eggs today 12 BCM, 11 EE/ amerucana , 3 cochin bathams Boy I am bad PS can anyone count them?
I see 42. Congrats on the hatch!

counted them got 43 plus Phey. But I kept losing count. LOL 6 wheaten, 7 longhorns, 9 EEs, 22 misc marans and or barred olive eggers approximate
Boy I have to keep better counts that go in the bator

Back
Top Bottom