Surviving Minnesota!

Morning, and a late one at that..

I do not like this format! The inconveniences of it far outweigh the features..

I hate not being able to click and see this thread, unless some one has added to it since I last read it....

I am enjoying this dark dreary day that was forecast to be sunny... I wonder is science will ever advance to the point of forecasting weather correctly more than 10 minutes in advance?

Luckily for us climate and weather are not related:lau:lau:lau:lau:lau:lau:lau:lau:lau:lau

Nothing else new that I can think of. Not getting many responses on my last CL ad...Judy thinks I was rude on it... I stated right in the ad I was not being rude.....Oh well...

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/csw/grd/6178037227.html
Rude? You should see some of the things I put in my ads... Unfortunately I delete most of the best bits, being as people are so sensitive and all....

I put my location in ALL CAPS most times now because evidently people can't read and call from 5 hours away wanting me to deliver them a rooster.

Rude? You should see some of the things I put in my ads... Unfortunately I delete most of the best bits, being as people are so sensitive and all....

I put my location in ALL CAPS most times now because evidently people can't read and call from 5 hours away wanting me to deliver them a rooster.

Oh no, that is common practice for CL people... Chew you down on price than ask you to drive 300 miles with the bird or eggs...

I have one person (female) that calls and wants something 2+ hours from here and wants me to deliver, she keeps saying " I will make it worth your while, you won't be sorry"....

I know I would be! I refuse to answer a call from her area now (town). I hand the phone to Judy to talk to her....I can never get her to hang up either...
no no no no no no no... I never want to see her....ever.

Oh no, that is common practice for CL people... Chew you down on price than ask you to drive 300 miles with the bird or eggs...

I have one person (female) that calls and wants something 2+ hours from here and wants me to deliver, she keeps saying " I will make it worth your while, you won't be sorry"....

I know I would be! I refuse to answer a call from her area now (town). I hand the phone to Judy to talk to her....I can never get her to hang up either...
no no no no no no no... I never want to see her....ever.
They're already free... Crazy people.

We have a few rabbits.. they do very well in the winter, and actually seem to enjoy the frigid climate of Minnesota. I have lost many rabbits to heat though, especially kits.
IMG_0657.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1077.PNG
    IMG_1077.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1301.JPG
    IMG_1301.JPG
    841.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1306.JPG
    IMG_1306.JPG
    843.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1307.JPG
    IMG_1307.JPG
    804.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1459.JPG
    IMG_1459.JPG
    464 KB · Views: 2
Welcome to the thread!

I have the same problem Ralphie. Someone who was interested in the Cochin chicks was asking me how much the Cochin chicks were a piece, it states in the ad "$15 apiece" but apparently they didn't understand that!? One of the latest dumb ones was someone from Kansas wanting to buy some barnyard mix chicks from me that are hatching next week. For some reason they thought that because I can ship the Cochin chicks, that will no longer be chicks, in the fall, for $40 a piece plus shipping, that I would also ship 4 month old barnyard mix pullets to them, for the same price as the chicks at a day old. So I added everything up for them and said well for 12 pullets it would be $180 for the birds, plus shipping which would be about $540. They never answered back so I think I scared them. I get people from Minnesota all the time messaging me. Even though I put my location on my ad 2 times I put my state too so it's not like you can confuse that for somewhere in MN! One person was messaged me and told me they can pick them up tomorrow so I was excited because I want these chicks gone. So I gave them directions and they ask "Oh, so you're in ND?" I said yes, they never replied back. I've had quite a few other dumb ones that I can't remember..
My head kinda hurts today, it started bleeding again last night.

Ralphie I don't think you were rude at all. In fact I may need some SS if I can ever find time to make a trip to your place. I was hoping this weekend but I have a wedding Saturday... Darn family has to get married on days I was hoping to have plans :lau:rolleyes:

AS for the PC's ....the daughter might be beat as she has 3 pullets with rich red mahogony coloring and 1 with boring drab brown pencilling. But she does have a cockerel that is complete eye candy. She will show the PC's in open class....but in the 4H class she plans on showing some Buckeyes....I think she will nail the showmanship area of 4H. She has been studying the Buckeyes and working on a poster board.

On the Dominque front.....look out DS pulled out 3 pullet eggs in the past 3 days. (2 yesterday so he knows he has 2 laying.) If you can't get your pullets to lay by August...it may mean 2nd place. We have to narrow the cockerel field down....right now there are still 4 alive but the smallest one is by far the best shape. I should have Holm's pay a visit with his fancy camera. I am usually to busy to remember to grab the camera!

Stay tuned the good natured war continues..... :plbb

ILL...OUCH! Hope you're doing ok today?

Ralphie...I was seriously thinking of coming to get a few of your teenagers but 2 more hens went BROODY!!!!! AAAAHHHHHHH!!!

My only child is still going strong with momma....she does not leave the run though anymore and scratches and scrapes inside the run...she's making a mess but oh well. So now I am just throwing the chick starter on the ground so they can scratch....the chick is growing so it must be doing ok :)

I am starting to get annoyed with these broodies....I was not expecting so many and then to have my original broodies go broody again....I'm gonna need a triple size coop!! Really it's not a problem until winter because my run is not big enough to keep them locked up...so maybe I need to concentrate on that instead of the coop. My coop can hold up to 30 birds (snuggly) so I should probably enlarge the run before winter. I am thinking I have only 4 cockerels (out of 11) right now but they are still young and may surprise me in the end. If I only get 3 though, that will be a pretty fantastic ratio!!

For being my very first Farmers Market ever, I think I did ok. The season fee is $50 and I made $43 the first day? It only goes for an hour and a half every Thursday evening so I am very satisfied with my sales yesterday!

Back
Top Bottom