Some pictures of my birds. All but, one are Indian Malays.

Goliath(Main Breeder)View attachment 3380128View attachment 3380129Goliath's Son, & Daughter: Long, & Big FattyView attachment 3380130Big Fatty is an oddball, she's pure Malay, just not one you'd expect to see(Yes, she's bantam sized). Her brother is pictured above.View attachment 3380133Their Mother(I have another hen like her)View attachment 3380141Long's, & Big Fatty's hatchmate.View attachment 3380144Goliath's Hatchmate. The Splash Wheaten I'm currently trying to sell.View attachment 3380149This Lady, my Red Wheaten I got from a breeder here in Michigan.View attachment 3380155
Goliath is a beauty!!! Long's mother is stunning as well, I'd love to see the other hen that looks like her. It's crazy how much type variation there is in Malays, Long looks so different, and Big Fatty even more so! I've said this a million times by now buy I'm really interested to see how the second generation looks! Have you selected a main breeder hen for Long?

Goliath is a beauty!!! Long's mother is stunning as well, I'd love to see the other hen that looks like her. It's crazy how much type variation there is in Malays, Long looks so different, and Big Fatty even more so! I've said this a million times by now buy I'm really interested to see how the second generation looks! Have you selected a main breeder hen for Long?
I'm gonna breed him back to his mother, & I'm also gonna, breed him to his hatchmate.

Very interesting, I'm guessing the unnamed hen. Who will Goliath be breeding?
What's Long's age now, I completely forgot sorry
Long would be 7 months, the hen will be turning 2yrs on April 1st.

Goliath is gonna breed the same hen, & the second that looks alike.

Long would be 7 months, the hen will be turning 2yrs on April 1st.

Goliath is gonna breed the same hen, & the second that looks alike.
Great, he'll be totally ready for breeding by the time spring comes

Ah got it, doing a repeat breeding with Goliath! (We love to see it)

Which breeding pair do you estimate to be ready first?

I would also like to ask, most aseel hens will go broody once or twice a year, if their first batch has been brooded early in the year. Does the same apply to Malays?

Great, he'll be totally ready for breeding by the time spring comes

Ah got it, doing a repeat breeding with Goliath! (We love to see it)

Which breeding pair do you estimate to be ready first?

I would also like to ask, most aseel hens will go broody once or twice a year, if their first batch has been brooded early in the year. Does the same apply to Malays?
Probably the repeat breeding with Goliath first, then Long second.

Mine became broody after they turned a year old, after laying a certain number of eggs.

These 2 Brazilians produce great chicks. Will try to get a clutch of these this spring

Attachments

• 20210501_165530.jpg
    20210501_165530.jpg
    646.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 20210522_185256.jpg
    20210522_185256.jpg
    683.6 KB · Views: 29

Back
Top Bottom