Pics
The possum. Yeah i got him

Attachments

• 20200320_093301.jpg
    20200320_093301.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
She layed 6-8 eggs once a year. Would only hatch 4 chicks
When she laid the 8 eggs and hatched the 4 chicks was there something wrong in the other 4 eggs or was she just satisfied with 4 and was concerned about them and their best interest in getting off the nest with them getting them off to a strong start. Unless you may have tried to incubate the other 4 longer we will never know. It does sure sound like she was one sophisticated little woman.

When she laid the 8 eggs and hatched the 4 chicks was there something wrong in the other 4 eggs or was she just satisfied with 4 and was concerned about them and their best interest in getting off the nest with them getting them off to a strong start. Unless you may have tried to incubate the other 4 longer we will never know. It does sure sound like she was one sophisticated little woman.
Not sure. Maybe she knew they were the healthiest

I've devised a plan that just might work. Legs had gotten way to fast for me to catch during the day now as he is his on man now. We will still come and eat a treat out of my had but doesn't want to be held like a baby anymore. One he goes in his coop at night I'll just pick him up and bring him inside to sit with me for a boiled egg and some small talk about the girls and then put him back to bed. He is a lap full now. He will look at me like he understands every word I've said. If I could only understand him. Maybe a month from now his crows will sound like a rooster and not those of a Capon.

Our little Honey pullet that is half Cubalaya and half AGF that has just started laying is laying eggs with the richest orange colored yolks I've ever seen. I think I'm putting her in a coop with one or two more smaller pullets and breed her AI to Lets the Indrio Gigante Aseel Cross until we get a suitable mate for such a small hen. One of my next camera projects is to capture her in flight. She can almost fly like a crow. Back in the 1970's a radio station in Kansas City sponsored a chicken flying contest and one of my coworkers won it every year with the same hen until they disqualified him so someone else could win.....

Legs was a perfect gentleman tonight when I brought him inside to handle him while he got a small treat. Little did I suspect how much weight he had put on since the last time I held him. If I can get him to cooperate this well outside in good light I can show his true shiny colors better. He made no effort to escape my lap. I dressed expecting him to mess me up but he actually let me just pet him like a puppy while he either stood or sat perfectly still.
1704419409220.jpeg

Legs was a perfect gentleman tonight when I brought him inside to handle him while he got a small treat. Little did I suspect how much weight he had put on since the last time I held him. If I can get him to cooperate this well outside in good light I can show his true shiny colors better. He made no effort to escape my lap. I dressed expecting him to mess me up but he actually let me just pet him like a puppy while he either stood or sat perfectly still.
View attachment 3719265

That's a perfect example of an aseel. They rival a lot of dogs out there when it comes to intelligence. Every time I let my boy out, he demands to be up on my and, and enjoys a good scritch. After he turned 4 months old, he became totally aware of his strength and weight. Every time he hears me say "ouch" while on my arm, he rearranges himself, as to not hurt me. It's never really painful, but some positions are more comfortable than others

Back
Top Bottom