The Duck Thread

Lol..caught this one today while getting pics of my boys! Cornelius is so funny!
IMG_20170914_123657.jpg

Well I'm pretty sure it's my mallard laying the blue green eggs and not my runner. She stuck her bill in the bowl of oyster shell last night and didn't leave it for a minute. Then she got a drink and went back again. I really hope she goes broody.

I got a question, I have Calls, two drakes and four hens. Jasper, Gilbert, Sonja, Daphne, Jemima and (Princess) Buttercup. They hatched late March, and have been on layer feed for the past few months. Is it possible for my females to lay this year, or will it probably be next spring? Three of them are really tiny, while the other is almost as big as the drakes.They are the best, and go up their ramp into the coop every night! I want to breed them and sell the babies, and have more ducks too :)

Well I'm pretty sure it's my mallard laying the blue green eggs and not my runner. She stuck her bill in the bowl of oyster shell last night and didn't leave it for a minute. Then she got a drink and went back again. I really hope she goes broody.

Mallard would be logical for laying blue/green eggs... any other breeds that lay blue/green got that from their mallard derived base... :D ;)

I got a question, I have Calls, two drakes and four hens. Jasper, Gilbert, Sonja, Daphne, Jemima and (Princess) Buttercup. They hatched late March, and have been on layer feed for the past few months. Is it possible for my females to lay this year, or will it probably be next spring? Three of them are really tiny, while the other is almost as big as the drakes.They are the best, and go up their ramp into the coop every night! I want to breed them and sell the babies, and have more ducks too :)

An all flock feed is best until they start laying... *most* Calls will wait til spring to start laying, but some can start in fall... smaller ones tend to take the longest to lay though...

Someone nearby is giving away three runner drakes, can anyone tell me how loud they are? They are Sooooo cute!!

Someone nearby is giving away three runner drakes, can anyone tell me how loud they are? They are Sooooo cute!!
Drakes are very quiet...some mute. This is reason you can sex before Drake feathers come in...the boys, if they aren't mute, have a low whispery quack and girls have typical quack. So to answer your question, No males are not loud.

Back
Top Bottom