The Duck Thread

Yep I've been putting Epson salt in the baths. I also do a coconut oil/shea butter/essential oils.... concoction that is a natural antibacterial coating that I can melt and brush on. I made it with less beeswax for the duck then I use for my single combed roosters so its more like Vaseline consistency at room temp.

Yep I've been putting Epson salt in the baths. I also do a coconut oil/shea butter/essential oils.... concoction that is a natural antibacterial coating that I can melt and brush on. I made it with less beeswax for the duck then I use for my single combed roosters so its more like Vaseline consistency at room temp.
Great, good luck. :fl

Well on a better note the rest of my non Muscovy flock is doing well. The snowy mallard and east Indies I tried so hard to get last year are looking great. The KC mixes I hatched after mom ditched them are beautiful. Non of them want to get out of tge creek so they've been getting their treats while swimming most days.
20180207_090749.jpg
20180207_090746.jpg
20180207_090815.jpg

I have 5 mallards that like to visit my property. I heard that feeding them bread is bad for their legs. Why is that?

I'm not sure about it being bad for there legs. I believe its bad in general because it fills them up but doesn't have any of the good stuff they need. Like us filling up on dinner rolls instead of eating our side salad.

I'm not sure about it being bad for there legs. I believe its bad in general because it fills them up but doesn't have any of the good stuff they need. Like us filling up on dinner rolls instead of eating our side salad.
Ah. I know someone who had a duck and they fed it too much bread and it couldn't walk anymore. They gave it some kind of vitamin i think, and the duck got better.

Back
Top Bottom