The Gun Thread

Pics
The second gun I ever bought was a S&W 629, the result of Dirty Harry movies. For me it was one of those magical firearms that I could not miss the target with. I loved that gun so much I had to buy every variation and length of it. Many years later when shooting league with a different 629 I would download full wadcutters in .44 spl cases. It was a dream to shoot and I thought I was pretty good until I found shooting Bullseye competition pistol, but that is a story in itself. Sally would understand.
It's not the most practical gun but I wouldn't trade it for anything.
(Unless DD were to talk me out of it.)
I always wanted a Charter Bulldog but .44 special ammo has become hard to find.

1710341848888.png
1710341875294.png

It's not the most practical gun but I wouldn't trade it for anything.
(Unless DD were to talk me out of it.)
I always wanted a Charter Bulldog but .44 special ammo has become hard to find.

View attachment 3770797 View attachment 3770798
I had forgotten about the Bulldog, I had one in the '70 for CC. It was a short bbl, maybe 2.5 or 3 inch. It was super light. I thought it was going to blow up every time I squeezed the trigger. I developed a great flinch that took years to overcome.

I had forgotten about the Bulldog, I had one in the '70 for CC. It was a short bbl, maybe 2.5 or 3 inch. It was super light. I thought it was going to blow up every time I squeezed the trigger. I developed a great flinch that took years to overcome.
Maybe I better borrow one before I get too attached. 🤔

The woman I dated before I married my wife instilled a flinch that took me years to overcome, too.

My ugliest recoiling pistol is an AMT Backup .45acp. It is small, light and leaves my pinky without a partner to the dance. It also has the heaviest trigger I've encountered in a 1911-ish pistol. It's like sqeeEEEZE and then it explodes.

The woman I dated before I married my wife instilled a flinch that took me years to overcome, too.

My ugliest recoiling pistol is an AMT Backup .45acp. It is small, light and leaves my pinky without a partner to the dance. It also has the heaviest trigger I've encountered in a 1911-ish pistol. It's like sqeeEEEZE and then it explodes.
Mine was a .45 ACP Derringer. It lived in my vehicle and didn't get shot much.

I don't shoot pistols or have any (unless you count air pistols lol) do to our current government :(

but got some reloading supplies for my 9.3x57 on the way, hoping to load up a nice round for bear hunting this spring.
Awesome! All sorts of guns count to be here air guns included there's a good amount of people in here with air guns.

It was a dream to shoot and I thought I was pretty good until I found shooting Bullseye competition pistol, but that is a story in itself. Sally would understand.
There was a guy at the local club who brought his Desert Eagle to shoot the centerfire match at a club 2700. He was shooting to my right, and moved to the far end of the line when we got to Centerfire. I could still feel the concussion every time he shot.

Back
Top Bottom