The Gun Thread

Pics
Ugh. Messy memories. I've never named anything other than my son and a succession of dogs. I was "given" an old, almost worn out long haired mutt decades ago that came with the name Baby but she became Kozzie upon receipt.
We had a neighbor when I was still just a kid that named his dog Bullet. I asked why he named it that and was told 'That is what he is going to catch if he starts killing my chickens'.

One week he brought a S&W 500. We let him have the range to himself for his course, it was brutal. Can you imagine 50 rounds of 500?
Without a really good explanation I would have to assume they were being a jerk showoff.
Unless I really felt the need to hunt a bear or elk with a handgun I don't get it. Of course I would be hard put to give a reason for my 629 except "I wanted it" so they're is always that.

Without a really good explanation I would have to assume they were being a jerk showoff.
Unless I really felt the need to hunt a bear or elk with a handgun I don't get it. Of course I would be hard put to give a reason for my 629 except "I wanted it" so they're is always that.
Yeah, but he was OUR jerk. I really enjoyed stalking deer with my 629. It is harder than one would think trying to sneak up on a whitetail.

Yeah, but he was OUR jerk. I really enjoyed stalking deer with my 629. It is harder than one would think trying to sneak up on a whitetail.
Me too... well, more of an ambush than a stalk for me.

20201121_070155.jpg

Last edited:
Me too...

That's good eats right there! I hunted a guy's land and he gave me a photo lineup of deer I wasn't allowed to kill; all huge old bucks. When I showed up at the gate with a massive, fat-bodied four point with his ugly little rack held too far forward and too close together, the guy said I "didn't have to go to hell with it". He said there were plenty of 6 and 8 points out there and I didn't have to cheat myself. I told him I eat the meat and have never mounted a single set of antlers. He said the with an attitude like that, I was welcome to take deer as often as I like.

He sold the land before the next season.

If anyone wants an idea for my upcoming birthday...
View attachment 3772431
Are those tiny rubber duckies? That's hilarious! My neighbor about .5 mile away has a history of killing our LGDs well, his dad did. So when he sent a Ring pic of one of our new pups up there on his place I took him a handful of rubber buckshot 12 ga shells. He said 'I couldn't shoot your dog', I told him it was better than using lead on my dog and to damn sure shoot that dog in the ass so he never comes back. These shells were developed for crowd control in prisons.

Back
Top Bottom