The Honey Factory

A nice healthy drone cell.

Was the queen in a package or a nuc? It's kind of unusual to have an overwintered queen in a package. Some queen producers always use white.
She was in a nuc. A local one from my state ( Missouri ) but a few hours south of me.
I watched the lady at the store mark her and she’s the one that said the seller was supposed to send them pre-marked but hadn’t and that she was an overwintered queen.

She was in a nuc. A local one from my state ( Missouri ) but a few hours south of me.
I watched the lady at the store mark her and she’s the one that said the seller was supposed to send them pre-marked but hadn’t and that she was an overwintered queen.
Overwintered or not the colony looks great.

On the road for 6 hours today. My husband rode with me.
I sold a bunch of chickens (about 40), some geese, ducklings, and peachicks: so, I had money for another package of bees. (And lunch & gasoline)
All she had was a 3-pound package of Carniolan honeybees so that's what I got.
I installed it when we got home at 4:30pm. It's a very warm day and night and they were already doing orientation flights.
My first bees were Carniolan bees, the hive continued for 5 years. I just love the production of the Italian bees, but I need them to live through the winter...

On the road for 6 hours today. My husband rode with me.
I sold a bunch of chickens (about 40), some geese, ducklings, and peachicks: so, I had money for another package of bees. (And lunch & gasoline)
All she had was a 3-pound package of Carniolan honeybees so that's what I got.
I installed it when we got home at 4:30pm. It's a very warm day and night and they were already doing orientation flights.
My first bees were Carniolan bees, the hive continued for 5 years. I just love the production of the Italian bees, but I need them to live through the winter...
My first hive here (not my first hive) was Carniolans. They were not good producers of extra honey but they did survive for 7 years without any interference from me.

The whole hive died suddenly from one day to the next. The County Weed & Pest sprayed for mosquitoes while the bees were working the Nanking cherries. The next day a thriving hive was dead.

So DW had medical test today So I went along and bought some frames . I have watched some videos on treatment free beekeeping . Interesting concept . Not sure it would work here . Although it might be worth a test on some trapped swarm . My Carniolan hive has a VSH queen . Varoa sensitivity hygiene .

Back
Top Bottom