The Honey Factory

Pics
We have a non-bee friendly day here today.

Barely above freezing, Overcast and breezy.

I did check the feeder today. It looks good enough for a few days.

It was so great to watch them on Saturday filling up on pollen and bringing it in.

When I looked at them today I noticed a few dead bees lying on the landing, half a dozen I am guessing.

Is this something I should worry about? I told myself for. A critter with a short 6-8 weeks and with a 3 pound package having 10-12000 bees, 6 dead a day is not many.

Am I right? :fl :fl
Nothing to be concerned about.

I just found out today, some states require you to register your hives, some require a license, some require you to take their course on beekeeping and those that do all want you to pay them for this government intrusion into your life.

Luckily, Minnesota has no such program but the crooks in the capital are looking at it with a fee of up to $350 to be licensed and so much per hive.

Another thing for me to fight against.

I just found out today, some states require you to register your hives, some require a license, some require you to take their course on beekeeping and those that do all want you to pay them for this government intrusion into your life.

Luckily, Minnesota has no such program but the crooks in the capital are looking at it with a fee of up to $350 to be licensed and so much per hive.

Another thing for me to fight against.
Wyoming requires a permit to have bees.

Fortunately the hobbyist permit allows you to keep up to 5 hives and is free. The commercial permit costs and requires that you do not encroach on another commercial apiary's location.

Last edited:
It never got above freezing here. We had wind and snow on and off.
I had snow (4+ in.). It is very windy and hasn't stopped for days. The lows for the past two days were 9°F and 15°F. The highs for the past two days were 30°F and 27°F before todays high of 40°F brought the bees back out this afternoon. There are only about a half dozen of the braves ones venturing out.

Back
Top Bottom