The Honey Factory

Pics
If the temperature is warm enough tomorrow, I will add pics to this thread. If not, I may need to wait until Friday to be able to hive them.

I have to check mine on Friday or Saturday to see if my Queen is laying.

I also need to try and bring two frames a tad closer, the bee space is off. If I can.

I have to make up another batch of feed. I doubt they drank much today, but who knows.

I have to check mine on Friday or Saturday to see if my Queen is laying.

I also need to try and bring two frames a tad closer, the bee space is off. If I can.

I have to make up another batch of feed. I doubt they drank much today, but who knows.
I know that it is recommended to check for eggs but I got over that step a long time ago. I will know that the queen is laying successfully when the newly hatched bees greatly increase the hives population.

My bees have not touched the syrup since the cold spell started. Yours have continued to suck down their syrup because it is inside the hive and much closer to the bees.

Congrats on the bees, ralphie! I’m sure you’ll enjoy them
8A6917B6-3D7F-4EEA-B9AB-08BEA038ADA9.jpeg

This gal was from the hive I have here at the house... they were all over the redbud tree recently

I have another hive that isn’t up here... they were working wild plum trees the other day, but i didn’t get any pictures

View attachment 2090065

This gal was from the hive I have here at the house... they were all over the redbud tree recently

I have another hive that isn’t up here... they were working wild plum trees the other day, but i didn’t get any pictures
That is an amazing picture

View attachment 2090065

Hey! Are you gonna go check that hollow tree hive you wrapped and see if they survived?
I'm curious.

Hey! Are you gonna go check that hollow tree hive you wrapped and see if they survived?
I'm curious.

I never did give you an update on that did I, lol

I fed them again in February and then when I checked them in March after a warm spell, they were gone... not dead just gone....

I have a hive pretty close to that tree, and had seen some mingling of the two different colored bees in February, so I suspect they just joined my hive and they all robbed out the tree...

Once they were gone I could see there probably wasn’t much of a hive left when I found them this winter...

I couldn’t tell then, but in hindsight I suspect the queen and most of the hive “got dead” when the storm split the tree open.

I’d known there was a feral hive in that area for two years, just wish I’d have found them earlier.

This was it this winter
32C8D4E2-880B-4B17-9020-6376CD4EFC31.jpeg

A1BA8CDA-7C2B-4201-B66D-E4E4E4F626C5.jpeg

I never did give you an update on that did I, lol

I fed them again in February and then when I checked them in March after a warm spell, they were gone... not dead just gone....

I have a hive pretty close to that tree, and had seen some mingling of the two different colored bees in February, so I suspect they just joined my hive and they all robbed out the tree...

Once they were gone I could see there probably wasn’t much of a hive left when I found them this winter...

I couldn’t tell then, but in hindsight I suspect the queen and most of the hive “got dead” when the storm split the tree open.

I’d known there was a feral hive in that area for two years, just wish I’d have found them earlier.

This was it this winter
View attachment 2090210
View attachment 2090209
Well at least you tried! :love
I would have just left running and screaming bloody murder if I had happened upon that.

Back
Top Bottom