The Honey Factory

Pics
layingn eggs is a must but i find darker queens more asthetically pleasing to me
From what I've read, the Russian bees (black) are more suited to northern climes than others, though they are more aggressive. Just what I've read. Also more resistant to mites due to grooming practices. So, I think I would prefer dark, but that's just from research, not experience.

From what I've read, the Russian bees (black) are more suited to northern climes than others, though they are more aggressive. Just what I've read. Also more resistant to mites due to grooming practices. So, I think I would prefer dark, but that's just from research, not experience.
My research says the Russian bees are more likely to head butt you than they are to sting you.

I can't remember which variety the beautiful really light colored bees are but their traits are to be poor honey producers, hive robbers and prolific brood raisers which is why you see so many of them when you buy a package of bees. They die out and are replaced by the kind the queen produces.

My research says the Russian bees are more likely to head butt you than they are to sting you.

I can't remember which variety the beautiful really light colored bees are but their traits are to be poor honey producers, hive robbers and prolific brood raisers which is why you see so many of them when you buy a package of bees. They die out and are replaced by the kind the queen produces.
Which is why I am hoping my blue jeweled Queen will learn to love me.

hmm that's interesting. my queen is descended from carnolian stock, and her daughter is nearly pure black

Back
Top Bottom