The Honey Factory

Pics
I blew the picture up and I think it is 2 bees. When I zoom way in the stripey parts aren't lined up they are off set. So I think 2 bees.
An unmated queen would be almost impossible to find, as she would be almost the same size as the workers. After she mates she will be easier to find as her abdomen swells up. That's why large queens are best. 😉

Hi, bee keepers! I did not start at Page 1, I am just jumping in right here. I hope one of you can help me. My question is about honey, not bees. I bought a quart of lovely dark local honey from a beekeeper recently for about $30. I was tickled to get it and eagerly anticipated using it. But when I tasted it, YUCK!!! It was obvious the bees had been dabbling in local manure piles. Cow manure. Like, drinking rain water from cow pies. I kid you not, this is one of the flavors in this honey. I can also taste clover and other wild flowers in it, but the taste of manure is overpowering to me. Can the honey be filtered to get this flavor out, and if so, how? Or is this just a total wash? Thanks.
It can be "fixed" but it won't be honey anymore. You can heat it up until it is liquid enough to run through a charcoal filter. Unfortunately the charcoal filter is going to take out the good flavors as well as the bad flavors.

It can be "fixed" but it won't be honey anymore. You can heat it up until it is liquid enough to run through a charcoal filter. Unfortunately the charcoal filter is going to take out the good flavors as well as the bad flavors.
Ah, okay. Thanks. Appreciate it. Guess I will put it out on a stump in a pie pan for the local bees. It won't hurt them, right?

Back
Top Bottom