The Honey Factory

Sorry to hear. ? How many hives do you keep? The bee's should bee used to the cold up there, unlike our rare southern current situation. (I know it's cold across the US the last 2 weeks) Still makes you upset or it would me to see the last hive go.
I had a hive that was doing good for years until I got stupid and poisoned. Getting back to one that will over winter is taking some time.

I'm new and hoping the drones (since I can't catch a swarm local) can do a good service to my colony's. I know of several feral colonies near by that I can't catch and are overwintering well. Only problem is I can't catch them and they have NO effect on my packages until they requeen.
Several feral colonies in one area is a rarity, I would set out a few swarm traps.

I have for 3 years with only 1 getting scouts for a few days. One is probably to close to an abandoned house that is BOOMING with bee's. And they are gentle I've stood in their doorway trying to look and learn with no stings. I put the trap on the propane tank strapped to a tree. Only place that won't get smashed by cattle.

Back
Top Bottom