The Honey Factory

I had to add a super to my Russian Bees today. There was 3 sides of frames not filled.

That is 85% of a medium super in a week.

It looks weird out there. I have one hive with 2 small supers, one hive with 1 medium and one hive with 5 mediums.

I do not have an extractor so I have to have my mentor spin them. He was busy until next Monday. I can knock a couple supers off Monday.

I had an interesting day, my bees decided to run away from home.

I called my most knowledgeable friend, but he refused to answer his phone, for help.

I got a video. But it’s not very long. The WW decided she had to talk and talk and talk when she can clearly see I am videoing.

I was in the shed and I looked out to see a bazillion bees flying over my field. Actually they are over my potatoes but I am about 6 weeks behind on weeding them.

I told them In no uncertain terms to go back home. They listened to me. The next video is about 5 minutes later.

https://youtube.com/shorts/h61DTdrKEew?feature=share
Notice how fast they are crawling back into the hive.

I am going to try and give them more room tomorrow if they are still here. I am not sure I will be able to tell though.

They have a lot of honey in the deeps, I am going to pull those frames and put empty ones in. I doubt it will work, but I am going to try.

Below are some still photos I took.

Look how many there are. That’s my smallest weakest hive, my Canookian prisoners.

The buzzing was like a horror movie.
092EEC96-FAAE-42ED-9618-24F7F9D3D44E.jpeg
D456FE07-C570-4419-BEAA-81123C901792.jpeg
679A7084-39F5-4F7A-A6CB-D3BA74708BE7.jpeg
8D1A5512-E597-4357-B28B-BDA6E5A46DD8.png

When the have their minds set on swarming nothing changes their minds.
I have wondered if you capture the queen and hold her hostage in a queen cage with a cork, and since they only have a 3 day memory if they would forget they wanted to swarm and you could release the queen again?

When the have their minds set on swarming nothing changes their minds.
I have wondered if you capture the queen and hold her hostage in a queen cage with a cork, and since they only have a 3 day memory if they would forget they wanted to swarm and you could release the queen again?
I thought about putting a queen excluder under and over the hive..

I had an interesting day, my bees decided to run away from home.

I called my most knowledgeable friend, but he refused to answer his phone, for help.

I got a video. But it’s not very long. The WW decided she had to talk and talk and talk when she can clearly see I am videoing.

I was in the shed and I looked out to see a bazillion bees flying over my field. Actually they are over my potatoes but I am about 6 weeks behind on weeding them.

I told them In no uncertain terms to go back home. They listened to me. The next video is about 5 minutes later.

https://youtube.com/shorts/h61DTdrKEew?feature=share
Notice how fast they are crawling back into the hive.

I am going to try and give them more room tomorrow if they are still here. I am not sure I will be able to tell though.

They have a lot of honey in the deeps, I am going to pull those frames and put empty ones in. I doubt it will work, but I am going to try.

Below are some still photos I took.

Look how many there are. That’s my smallest weakest hive, my Canookian prisoners.

The buzzing was like a horror movie.View attachment 2752412View attachment 2752413View attachment 2752414View attachment 2752416
No freaking thanks.

Back
Top Bottom