The Honey Factory

I saw a post about robber fly or was it fly robber yesterday . They eat mosquitoes and bees . Another beekeeper wanted a ID and this is what it was . I have them hanging around my bee yard .
Robber Fly
Robber_fly_X8032042_08-03-2020-001.jpg

Robber_fly_E7050856_07-05-2007-001.jpg

Robber_fly_P6292533_06-29-2007-001.jpg

Robber_fly_Z7236590_07-23-2009-001.jpg

https://www.rockler.com/leigh-b975-box-joint-and-beehive-jig It comes with a bit for a 1/2 inch collet . However I had a router with a 1/4 inch collet . I bought a half inch bit with a 1/4 inch shaft . FYI you can get a whole set of bits for about the same price on eBay as 1 bit at Lowe's . You also need a woodworkers vice to hold the board and 2 quick clamps . Watch their videos on setup . The smaller router has enough power for this even in the oak scrap I used . About 6 amp router .

I had a queenless hive last Monday. I moved eggs across from the other hive.

The queenless hive has laid away a ton of honey.

Hopefully they will be strong enough for winter.

The swarm trap hive is empty again.

The other hive seems to be going strong.

I am not going to get as much honey as I did last year.

That was on June 26th I was queenless and had no eggs.

Today I have a queen and lots of brood. I moved across three frames of brood. I did not move a queen cell, or think I did.

I have tons of bees and all ages of broods. As strange as it sounds I am wondering if the new queen was on her maiden flight when I went into the hive.

In addition to the new bees I took 8 medium frames full of honey out.

The other hive is going good also lots of bees I had to give 2 frames of young broods and eggs to a friend that was queenless and broodless. Hopefully she will have a queen in a couple weeks.

Here is what I saw today, can anyone see a queen?

D3509258-E1EE-42AD-B22B-9D44D6E872FB.jpeg

That was on June 26th I was queenless and had no eggs.

Today I have a queen and lots of brood. I moved across three frames of brood. I did not move a queen cell, or think I did.

I have tons of bees and all ages of broods. As strange as it sounds I am wondering if the new queen was on her maiden flight when I went into the hive.

In addition to the new bees I took 8 medium frames full of honey out.

The other hive is going good also lots of bees I had to give 2 frames of young broods and eggs to a friend that was queenless and broodless. Hopefully she will have a queen in a couple weeks.

Here is what I saw today, can anyone see a queen?

View attachment 3184369
She's a beauty!

Back
Top Bottom