The Honey Factory

The first week of August is over and now is a good time to do a mite count. In the next couple weeks bees in the North will start rearing the first rounds of winter bees and they need to be mite and virus free. 2 to 3 mites per 300 bees is okay but 5 or more I think is a problem. Even if you dont treat it's good to know the numbers. Beekeepers can tell why they have dead or dink hives in the winter based on August mite counts. As workers decrease this time of year, phoretic mites increase.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/honeybee-colony-losses-1.6530501

Mite Graph.jpg

R2elk we decided to spend a couple days with our boys by Centennial in a couple weeks before school starts.
My husband has a concealed weapon license, is it legal to carry a firearm in WY?

R2elk we decided to spend a couple days with our boys by Centennial in a couple weeks before school starts.
My husband has a concealed weapon license, is it legal to carry a firearm in WY?
"Wyoming law allows any non-resident to carry a concealed firearm in Wyoming, provided that person holds a concealed firearm permit issued by a governmental agency or entity in his or her home state that is valid throughout that state, and the home state must recognize Wyoming concealed firearms permits."

"Under our current law, if you are a permit holder from another state, if your permit is valid statewide and your state recognizes (or honors) Wyoming permits, you can carry a concealed firearm in Wyoming.

It is the sole responsibility for all concealed firearm permit holders to be aware of the requirements and laws of all states*. The permit issued by your state does not supersede any other state’s laws or regulations. Legal conduct in your state may not be legal in the state you are visiting.

Wyoming has reciprocity with the following states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia and Wisconsin."

"Note:
Starting July 1, 2021 Residents and Non-Residents of Wyoming who are 21 years of age or older and can legally possess a firearm under Wyoming and Federal Law can carry a concealed handgun without any permit/license. Previously only Wyoming residents could carry with a permit/license.

Handgunlaw.us recommends you carry your state issued ID when carrying under Permitless Carry. Some states require you carry it."

Handgun Law U.S.

Wyoming does not consider a weapon in a glove compartment to be a concealed weapon. Many other states do. While many states require that firearms be unloaded when being transported, Wyoming does not.

"Wyoming law allows any non-resident to carry a concealed firearm in Wyoming, provided that person holds a concealed firearm permit issued by a governmental agency or entity in his or her home state that is valid throughout that state, and the home state must recognize Wyoming concealed firearms permits."

"Under our current law, if you are a permit holder from another state, if your permit is valid statewide and your state recognizes (or honors) Wyoming permits, you can carry a concealed firearm in Wyoming.

It is the sole responsibility for all concealed firearm permit holders to be aware of the requirements and laws of all states*. The permit issued by your state does not supersede any other state’s laws or regulations. Legal conduct in your state may not be legal in the state you are visiting.

Wyoming has reciprocity with the following states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia and Wisconsin."

"Note:
Starting July 1, 2021 Residents and Non-Residents of Wyoming who are 21 years of age or older and can legally possess a firearm under Wyoming and Federal Law can carry a concealed handgun without any permit/license. Previously only Wyoming residents could carry with a permit/license.

Handgunlaw.us recommends you carry your state issued ID when carrying under Permitless Carry. Some states require you carry it."

Handgun Law U.S.

Wyoming does not consider a weapon in a glove compartment to be a concealed weapon. Many other states do. While many states require that firearms be unloaded when being transported, Wyoming does not.
Thank you so much for this information, I really appreciate you! :D

Treated with the formic pro today . There are supers on but not full yet . Goldenrod is blooming . The carni hive is more aggressive than the other hives but not terrible . They seem to be the most productive . From a split in May with one deep of drawn comb they have built out comb in a deep and a medium . 2 medium frames capped plus lots of nectar . Good for a new hive .

Good job on the hive. I REALLY need to get mine treated. Got a nasty little eye sting the other day being stupid, decided to peek into a hive in the middle of a rainy day. Yah you know what happened next. I got some honey off one hive, and just added a new brood super on it because it's really growing !. Have another hive that I did the same because it's growing and filled it's honey so I figured ill let it build out the new super before throwing a honey super on too. My 3rd hive seems strong but is not really getting into the honey super. Im not sure they are not being robbed by the hive next to them or not and while the bees were dense on the frames that were built out, they had a LOT of empty room in there. I took the honey super off for the time being, let them get the main hive a bit more engaged before giving them more room to let the hive beetles take over due to lack of bee presence. Lets see where this hive goes.

Either way, got a fogger and will do the formic acid here probably this coming weekend.

aaron

Back
Top Bottom