The Honey Factory

Also, my mentor says to always have a bottle of Children's liquid Benadryl on hand, he keeps his in his bee tackle box.
He said if anyone is stung multiple times and seems to be having an severe allergic reaction, to have the person chug the entire bottle and call 911. He said that this has saved many lives.
I haven't had to test it out, so I don't know first-hand.

Also, my mentor says to always have a bottle of Children's liquid Benadryl on hand, he keeps his in his bee tackle box.
He said if anyone is stung multiple times and seems to be having an severe allergic reaction, to have the person chug the entire bottle and call 911. He said that this has saved many lives.
I haven't had to test it out, so I don't know first-hand.
Huh, that is pretty interesting. I’ve had people that I’ve had to transport to the hospital because they didn’t know that they were allergic before they came and shadowed me working, might have to look into this one!

Here's what's in my "Bee box" cheap Walmart tackle box.
Yellow hive tools are mine they fit in my hands better, the red one is my husband's.
1682174224323.jpeg

Attachments

• 8C6DE386-E11C-49CC-849B-CAC3E0C509B5.jpeg
    8C6DE386-E11C-49CC-849B-CAC3E0C509B5.jpeg
    695.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 99F4D3B9-FEAF-423E-9D4A-E012A773047E.jpeg
    99F4D3B9-FEAF-423E-9D4A-E012A773047E.jpeg
    990.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 788CF44A-2E9A-4EA0-AE96-0A3E87B12A72.jpeg
    788CF44A-2E9A-4EA0-AE96-0A3E87B12A72.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 1
My bee pickup date moved out a week, to May 13th. The website still had May 6th on one page, so I called. They said that it's the 13th, they moved the day out a week since the weather had been so cold. Ok, that makes sense.

I get my chick order on May 15th or 16th, so I had been glad to have the week between. Oh well.

I have the deep boxes and frames scraped and ready to go. I repainted the outside of the boxes so they look nice and clean. I haven't gotten to the mediums yet.

Saturday, I help my mentor install a package. I'm looking forward to that. A little nervous, but excited to learn.

Yeah those are extra doors. If it’s still cold, it’s probably wise to cover them until it gets warm. Just leave the bottom slat.
Good to know, thanks. Right now, I have everything set up, but have all the openings covered, as there are no bees inside, and I don't want mice to move in.

Hubby has been gone for a week, so I had the hive spread all over the garage. I wanted to get as much as I could put where it'll go so that I wasn't using up all the floor space.

We have an addition to build for the coop in the coming days. Need the garage to build it in.

View attachment 3483534
I'm guessing the holes are extra "doorways" for the bees. So I'm assuming they should go in front...?
That is fine to level it that way. I set it up so that the front of the hive is lower than the back. I only set it a half bubble off of level. The object is so that any moisture (liquid) that gets in the hive can run out the front.

Back
Top Bottom