The Honey Factory

56⁰F
20231205_113219.jpg
20231205_113255.jpg

it tastes a bit harsh but from research seems i need to age it longer. (been sitting in bulk aging for the last 9 months or so)
Reading on beesource from some of the master mead makers one said a kinda fresh batch was some of the worst he had. Shoved to the back and forgot about for 5+ years was later an excellent tasting and smooth mead after aging longer.

I guess you can try a bottle every year until it's peaked.:idunno I was wondering if I ever start making mead how much could I leave shoved in the back/hidden from every batch and not have to much in 20 years or if SHTF. On the latter I may never get enough stocked.:gig

Reading on beesource from some of the master mead makers one said a kinda fresh batch was some of the worst he had. Shoved to the back and forgot about for 5+ years was later an excellent tasting and smooth mead after aging longer.

I guess you can try a bottle every year until it's peaked.:idunno I was wondering if I ever start making mead how much could I leave shoved in the back/hidden from every batch and not have to much in 20 years or if SHTF. On the latter I may never get enough stocked.:gig
i will have to save a few bottles for a few years and try one after some time.

i made a 5 gallon batch with family and we got 24 wine bottle, now going to start making two batches (both 5 gallons) of one peach and the other blue berry.

Back
Top Bottom