The Imported English Jubilee Orpington Thread

Can someone please give me a good breeding description for the jubilee orpington? I'm going to be hatching some out soon that I would like to keep as breeding stock. I would like to only keep the ones that are the closest met to this breeds standards. Thank you.

Can someone please give me a good breeding description for the jubilee orpington? I'm going to be hatching some out soon that I would like to keep as breeding stock. I would like to only keep the ones that are the closest met to this breeds standards. Thank you.
I think Fancy Chicks has a good breed description for them on her page. :)

Hi! I was wondering if y'all could help me with something? In late May I won 3 Jubilee pullets and a rooster from Rare Breed Auctions. They are beautiful, and I just love seeing them in the flock. My questions are about the cockerel. First off he is huge already. I am 5' 2" and I noticed today he is almost knee level on me. How big do they get? He is our first boy after 6 yrs. of chicken keeping. I am also curious as to what age he will most likely mature. Right now he is kind of bratty with any hens not his same breed. Treats his girls like gold, but chases the others. Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
Hi! I was wondering if y'all could help me with something? In late May I won 3 Jubilee pullets and a rooster from Rare Breed Auctions. They are beautiful, and I just love seeing them in the flock. My questions are about the cockerel. First off he is huge already. I am 5' 2" and I noticed today he is almost knee level on me. How big do they get? He is our first boy after 6 yrs. of chicken keeping. I am also curious as to what age he will most likely mature. Right now he is kind of bratty with any hens not his same breed. Treats his girls like gold, but chases the others. Thanks for any help.

They can get very large. 10-11 lbs. sometimes. Let us know how it goes with him and your other breeds. I know it's individual, but I would love a Jubillee roo with my mixed flock and wonder if mating can harm them as I've seen hens missing feathers with Jubilee Roos at the breeders.

Last edited:
I never weighed mine but they are really big and I've read that they can get up to 14 lb. For me, my roosters matured later than my hens did. I had them mixed in with my Lavender Orpingtons and got a few crossbreed chicks before I separated them only to go a few months more before I got any fertile Jubilee eggs (8-10 months?).

Last edited:
I have three, 4 month old Jubilee Orpington Cockerels (Greenfire stock) I only need one and will likely try to sell the other two.
Question, the biggest (but not the first to get red comb and start crowing) has hair like feathers on his head that look odd. Is this common for Jubilee or Orps?
Not a great pic but this shows somewhat.

Last edited:
I have three, 4 month old Jubilee Orpington Cockerels (Greenfire stock) I only need one and will likely try to sell the other two. Question, the biggest (but not the first to get red comb and start crowing) has hair like feathers on his head that look odd. Is this common for Jubilee or Orps? Not a great pic but this shows somewhat.
Definitely weird. I've never seen that.

Back
Top Bottom