The Old Folks Home

Funny they say my immune was never strong had measles three times verified by Dr.
they say the graves is auto immune never been sick by my birds clean litter boxes twice daily hey took the last 10 minutes to go through the posts here :wee
Measles explains it:

After a measles infection, it takes time for these cells to repopulate. Researchers have known that measles’ toll on these cells weakens patients’ immune defenses, but they thought that vulnerability only lasted for a few weeks.

However, in a 2012 study, researchers noticed that this wasn’t true in macaque monkeys. Monkeys who had measles and recovered started producing new B-cells and T-cells about a month later. But the new cells only had memory for the measles virus, not for any of the other infections the monkeys had been exposed to previously. The monkeys’ immune systems had amnesia, and it left them vulnerable to infectious diseases that otherwise might not have been a problem.

Funny they say my immune was never strong had measles three times verified by Dr.
they say the graves is auto immune never been sick by my birds clean litter boxes twice daily hey took the last 10 minutes to go through the posts here :wee

AMEN!!! Only time I ever got sick from a chicken was salmonella from an improperly handled COMMERCIALLY PROCESSED chicken dinner. I can't believe the blatant scare tactics the CDC and DOA have been using the past several years about the dangers of backyard poultry yet did you know that they now refuse to release the name(s) of hatcheries that have been found to be the source of the salmonella outbreaks? (one has been the main culprit) Andy Schneider (aka the Chicken Whisperer, spokeman for the USD-APHIS Biosecurity for birds program, author, radio show, etc.) has been fighting for months thru the freedom of information act to get the name(s) of the offending hatcheries for the past two years (they were released prior to then) and has been getting the run around. The final hypocracy to me is they approved the shipping of poultry products to CHINA to be processed and then shipped back into the United States. :smack

Next to go after backyard poultry I am sure will be petting zoos, pet rescues, (don't know where they've been, right?) hobby farms, right on up to anything that is not big corporation controlled. Not possible??? What would your grandparents say about local and state governments banning backyard flocks?

Hey Al, on that new porch SCG and her SO built, dropping it 4" won't really matter a whole lot when there's 4' of snow on it... :eek: You should know... you live in a place that gets snow every so often... you're STILL going to bring some in with you regardless. A real good reason to enter through a "mud room" or enclosed entryway where you can remove the snow covered items from your person before entering the home.

yeah... but when shoveling a step up to the door sill is nice, keeps the snow from getting up against the door, melting and leaking into the house as well as rotting stuff.

Can you replace your netting with welded wire? Safer that way and should stand up to ice.

I put up concrete reinforcing wire..cover that with chicken wire (or hardware cloth if you have weasels ) and it is great. Mine has held up under super heavy thick snow. You do need good supports though.

No. The kilns are for lampworking (glass bead manufacturing/pic attached), glass slumping and metal clay work.
I tried ceramics, but I do not have the patience for it and tend to force my clay on the wheel with sad/odd results.

View attachment 1173878

that is very well done

Measles explains it:

wow, interesting reading!

Hope you get it Penny :fl

yup sure did had to stop at Costco for dog and cat food also get milk there pay less for 2 gallons of milk than we pay here in town for one

Did you get it Penny? I clicked the link but it was deleted already.

he told me that 5 others had called about it I said we would be there by 12:30 and we were 10 minutes early

Back
Top Bottom