The Old Folks Home

Same here, penny. In fact, I just told DH that very same thing a few days ago.

No pips here as of yet. I'm still shining the flashlight through the canopy at the air cells and yelling at them. Seems like they would get tired of it and just hatch and be done with it to get away from me irritating them.
picked up my incubator from my friend she had been using the two it is sitting on the kitchen counter waiting for the eggs to show up

Kids need to lick garbage cans and swim in polluted water to harden their immune system young like George Carlin said, never get sick and no allergies.
That bladder thing sounds like what a truck driver that delivers milk were I work went through. They put him on a medication and he had to cut certain foods out of his diet.
Don't know how that worked out for him driving truck and he also goes on long group rides on his Harley, Sturgis, Daytona etc.

:lau Oh my!

sink drains to the septic..... The organic material that goes into the disposal is Not digested only chopped so it takes longer to handle the waste in the septic tank.

I scrape plates and pots into containers that are already being thrown away... No grease or oil in any quantities go down the drain. This is good for both your city lines and your septic....

because it eventually coats the walls of the pipe and thickens and hardens much like dipping a candle. Any one who has ever had to clean old harden greas will attest its more like glue than grease....

and using hot water down the drains only works till the drain lines suck the heat out of the water...

deb
You can use this:

upload_2017-7-6_11-7-27.png

But you still have to have the Super Sucker come out every 7 years or so to drain the tank.

sink drains to the septic..... The organic material that goes into the disposal is Not digested only chopped so it takes longer to handle the waste in the septic tank.

I scrape plates and pots into containers that are already being thrown away... No grease or oil in any quantities go down the drain. This is good for both your city lines and your septic....

because it eventually coats the walls of the pipe and thickens and hardens much like dipping a candle. Any one who has ever had to clean old harden greas will attest its more like glue than grease....

and using hot water down the drains only works till the drain lines suck the heat out of the water...

deb
We just had a kitchen drain problem and had to clean the pipes out... Luckily, our basement is unfinished and the pipe just hangs from the ceiling... so we unhooked it, carried it outside, and worked on it out there... Poured boiling water in it, let it sit in the sun for a while, then we found an old metal pipe and threw it down the pipe like a spear and shook the pipe around until we got a huge gush of water... then we flipped the pipe over and shook the metal pipe out of it (45 on one end, only one way in and out for the metal one)... Then took the garden hose at high pressure and blasted the rest of the gunk out of it...

This was AFTER we realized it was clogging and put 3 bottles of drain cleaner down it.... Once we got it cleaned out we put ANOTHER bottle of draino down it, this time the foaming kind to try to break down anything else in the pipe... Our sewer rats had better like acid water!

Thanks for the recipes! @ronott1 & @microchick
The trick with either recipe is to either mix up the dough either the night before of in the morning and let it raise and then fall. That will make it taste like the pizzeria dough.

Other tips:
Each cup of water will make an 18 inch or so pizza
1 tsp of salt per cup of water
1pck or about 3\4 tsp of yeast per cup of water
Oil is more of a preference but add a bit more per cup of water
Sugar is optional--more will make the crust brown more
Flour is something that I do not actually measure. I add it until the dough is the correct consistency

Last edited:
You can use this:

View attachment 1066707

But you still have to have the Super Sucker come out every 7 years or so to drain the tank.
My parents put something similar in theirs once a year or so and the house has been standing longer than I have been alive (house is probably 35 or so) and it's never had a septic issue or needed to be pumped. Dad won't let anyone use the good toilet paper, and they don't have a dishwasher or garbage disposal, but I HAVE seen half a slice of pizza in the dish water just floating around before... so... I would say some food has gotten down the pipes....

We woke up this morning hearing water running under the house some where.
Dh looked every where including the pump house and could not find it.
When I went out to feed and water the rabbits and plant my 2 grape vines that
arrived today I found the leak. Our hose had a split in it and water had flooded the pasture around the garden, rabbits and out into the cow pasture since sometime in the middle of the night! Whew the power bill is going to be a killer! I told Dh he had to call the power co. and tell them we had a leak and that it is fixed so they will adjust the power bill for us. UGH!

Somebody told me that I retired on May 12th, but I think they lied.

Now there's that font I remember! :D Now that you've said all that, I think I remember reading (some of) it before. Glad to hear you got a little down time on the beach. Always good for the mental well being. Grats on your retirement! Already gave condolences on your dad if I recall, but sorry for your loss once more in any case. Happy to hear you've got a new job (if that's what you really wanted :tongue I like retirement better). Good to be busy... sorry you're SO busy. Best of luck with the old and new (soon to be) rental houses. Hope all goes well w/the son's school/job search/financing.

Back
Top Bottom