The Waltons or Little House On The Prairie?

Quote:
That's exactly what my mother said.(mom is 78, dad is 84) Matter of fact mom said if they had half of what the Waltons had back then, they would have been considered RICH!

I am at this minute on pause watching the Waltons on Tivo. The show called, "The big brother". I just love Grandpa!! It would've been a hoot to have him as a grandpa! Such a shame he died so early in the shows life, Will Geer was a dear man!

One of my other tv loves is "Christy" with Kellie Martin. I have the whole series and pop it in when theres nothing but trash on tv. It's a shame they cancel good shows like this and replace it with crap! Oh and Dr. Quinn, loved Sully!!!! He was HOT!

Hi I have only watched little house on the prarie once. I am only 15 years old. my insperation is my cabian with no running water or electricity up in Algonquin Park in Cannada. I also am intrested in sustanability and I am the head of that club at my school. I am intrested in a career teaching sustainability or suburban and urban farming. I might go to corrnell agriculture.

Henry

I know this thread is old but I had to put my 2 cents in since this is right up my alley! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LHOTP! It was the only show that my dad would let us watch EVERY Monday night at 7pm. I own every season on dvd and my little 3 yr old is hooked! lol I watch them almost every day at some point in the day. Usually early morning.
I do like the Waltons to but Little House wins hands down with me
smile.png

Thanks for bumping this thread. I missed it the first time around. I love both of them. The Walton's because of the wonderful writing, acting and the fact that it was pretty much how we lived, only a lot more poor. Little House because I loved, loved, loved the books, especially The Long Winter. I've read them over and over. I've also read Spencer's Mountain which is what The Walton's was based on. You should read it and watch the wonderful movie with Henry Fonda and Maureen O'Hara.

Last edited:
I already said how much I like LHOTP but I'll do it again...I LOVE IT! It was Ma feeding the hens scratch from her apron that got me wanting chickens! Go, Ma, GO!

Tanya

especially The Long Winter. I've read them over and over. I've also read Spencer's Mountain which is what The Walton's was based on. You should read it and watch the wonderful movie with Henry Fonda and Maureen O'Hara.

Yes I read The Long Winter but never read the other...will have to get that one. Did you ever see the series by Michael Landon JR? Oh they are SO good...they are based on the LHOTP series somewhat. The first movie is called "Love Comes Softly" On the back of the cover it will list the others in the series...watch them in order tho
wink.png
It has Izzy from greys' anatomy on there...she did a GREAT JOB I love her as an actress.​

Back
Top Bottom