Announcement Welcome To The New BYC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read an article about this becoming a problem leading to an increased digital divide. Two years ago households in California were 8% smart phone only households. Now the number is 18%. The problem with this is that children in those households do not learn how to use productivity programs which leads to them being left behind by the tech industry.
Not surprising, at all.
I think a lot of folks who use 'smart' phones or mobile devices have no idea how a computer works, or the basic computing programs(word processing/spread sheets/etc)...nor do they know how forums work(basic structure and etiquette), it's become increasingly obvious with the forum populations I have observed.
Course I don't know much about how mobile devices work, it does take practice, but the little I've used them, especially accessing websites, they are greatly lacking in 'computing' functionality....like using a beta program, does some of it but not all. Lots of clever 'apps' but.....not worth the money to invest in them.

Not surprising, at all.
I think a lot of folks who use 'smart' phones or mobile devices have no idea how a computer works, or the basic computing programs(word processing/spread sheets/etc)...nor do they know how forums work(basic structure and etiquette), it's become increasingly obvious with the forum populations I have observed.
Course I don't know much about how mobile devices work, it does take practice, but the little I've used them, especially accessing websites, they are greatly lacking in 'computing' functionality....like using a beta program, does some of it but not all. Lots of clever 'apps' but.....not worth the money to invest in them.

Cannot argue with that all

Why does my profile say I joined BYC on May 5, 2011, but at the same time my profile says I've only reached my one year anniversary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom