What breeds do you wish you had?

I’d like to have a breeding trio of Ayam Cemani chickens.
But I love the Brahmas.
50921312-F5E4-42C0-A559-1CB4E7AD96F4.jpeg
8D1E5F4E-BB09-4839-89A8-6171A37CBE56.jpeg
4A377E66-C6A6-46A6-BE9D-6B296D4A8657.jpeg
BC38B87D-CCB8-40C4-863F-B62AAC2190A0.jpeg
6768AF7C-D3BC-458F-AC24-A9CCAE771079.jpeg
023E496A-2839-4CE7-8A70-9272289D55D8.jpeg

:lol: And you said she wasn't hurt at all?? Wow! :lau
I couldn't find a mark on her. I guess when the hawk was flying over the courtyard it lost its grip and the chicken just fluttered to the ground. The hawk flew down to try and pick it up again. At first, the staff thought it was two hawks and then realized it was a hawk and a chicken. I'm sure the hawk didn't want to deal with the dog mayhem going on so it was going to take the pullet someplace quiet so it could eat in peace.
I was so distraught after having about 10 chickens killed by neighbor's dogs.
I was sitting in the house after confronting the neighbor and telling her how much she owed me when there was a knock at the door. It was the owner of the retirement home. He asked if I was missing a chicken and I kind of went off. I yelled, "I'm missing a whole bunch of chickens" and I went into the story of the dog attack.
He told me the chicken's story and drove me to the retirement home to retrieve it. On the way back, I asked him "how did you know I had chickens?" He said, "I didn't. I just knew you had a lot of weird stuff up here so I figured you probably had chickens too."
:idunno

I'd love to have a few blue laced wyandottes!! Next spring hopefully:fl. If anyone has some I'd love to see pictures!!!:love
Not the best pictures but here are my 2 Blue Laced Red Wyandottes. At least that's what they were called when I bought them. But they're cream where the blue is supposed to be and I think they're called "Splash" Laced Red. Anyway, very pretty but not friendly. One absolutely HATES being touched, the other only tolerates it if she has to! One has been broody twice this summer, the other not at all. Bluebell.jpg Hei-Hei.jpg

I couldn't find a mark on her. I guess when the hawk was flying over the courtyard it lost its grip and the chicken just fluttered to the ground. The hawk flew down to try and pick it up again. At first, the staff thought it was two hawks and then realized it was a hawk and a chicken. I'm sure the hawk didn't want to deal with the dog mayhem going on so it was going to take the pullet someplace quiet so it could eat in peace.
I was so distraught after having about 10 chickens killed by neighbor's dogs.
I was sitting in the house after confronting the neighbor and telling her how much she owed me when there was a knock at the door. It was the owner of the retirement home. He asked if I was missing a chicken and I kind of went off. I yelled, "I'm missing a whole bunch of chickens" and I went into the story of the dog attack.
He told me the chicken's story and drove me to the retirement home to retrieve it. On the way back, I asked him "how did you know I had chickens?" He said, "I didn't. I just knew you had a lot of weird stuff up here so I figured you probably had chickens too."
:idunno

Sorry to hear of the dog attack, glad to learn you got your chicken back and I can just see you having your "melt down" as I would too but the Owner's explanation is just :lau

Not the best pictures but here are my 2 Blue Laced Red Wyandottes. At least that's what they were called when I bought them. But they're cream where the blue is supposed to be and I think they're called "Splash" Laced Red. Anyway, very pretty but not friendly. One absolutely HATES being touched, the other only tolerates it if she has to! One has been broody twice this summer, the other not at all. View attachment 1892753 View attachment 1892754

Pretty girls ... Yes their coloring is referred to as "splash" and BLRW do color out that way also. I had two, one turned out to be a splash while the other had the blue/red lacing....
The splash is the one in the back walking towards the patio, the 2 shades of BLRW is to the left & right of the Buff ... Don't have a better pic, this was years ago.
19.jpg

Pretty girls ... Yes their coloring is referred to as "splash" and BLRW do color out that way also. I had two, one turned out to be a splash while the other had the blue/red lacing....
The splash is the one in the back walking towards the patio, the 2 shades of BLRW is to the left & right of the Buff ... Don't have a better pic, this was years ago.
View attachment 1892791
Thank you for confirming my thoughts on the coloring naming! Really pretty chickens either way and great layers of 6 eggs a week.

Back
Top Bottom