Won’t Wake Up, Cold, but Still Breathing

Concerned Mama

In the Brooder
Dec 30, 2021
I want to shut in my girls for the night and found my Brahma hen lying in the snow. She’s still breathing but won’t wake up and is cold. We brought her inside and are trying to warm her up. She’ll occasionally ‘flinch’ and sometimes mover her head a little but not much more. Is there anything I can do to help her?

I want to shut in my girls for the night and found my Brahma hen lying in the snow. She’s still breathing but won’t wake up and is cold. We brought her inside and are trying to warm her up. She’ll occasionally ‘flinch’ and sometimes mover her head a little but not much more. Is there anything I can do to help her?
Pic is she cold from snow? Just dont warm her up to fast. Do you have rice bags you can put around her? Poor girl...maybe wrap her in towel?...dont use a heating lamp. You dont want to put her in ahock

Please do this asap...minus microwave I dont understand why but blow dry warm air. Keep updated
Screenshot_20211230-201355_Chrome.jpg

Pic is she cold from snow? Just dont warm her up to fast. Do you have rice bags you can put around her? Poor girl...maybe wrap her in towel?...dont use a heating lamp. You dont want to put her in ahock
I’ve wrapped her in an old blanket and brought her in my house. The garage is warmer than outside but cooler than my house. Should I keep her out there? This is her 3rd winter but it’s the first time I’ve seen this happen to any of my chickens.

Attachments

• 214BC3D1-F118-4D69-88EF-0418C37AE7F6.jpeg
    214BC3D1-F118-4D69-88EF-0418C37AE7F6.jpeg
    520.6 KB · Views: 3
  • F481F77C-139C-41B8-9C8C-0E9F73701103.jpeg
    F481F77C-139C-41B8-9C8C-0E9F73701103.jpeg
    610.4 KB · Views: 3
I’ve wrapped her in an old blanket and brought her in my house. The garage is warmer than outside but cooler than my house. Should I keep her out there? This is her 3rd winter but it’s the first time I’ve seen this happen to any of my chickens.
I would say house is fine is she still cold to touch? I would definitely blow dry

Back
Top Bottom