Worming chickens with Zimecterin Gold

Pics
We had tapeworms several years ago. I gave the chickens zimecterin gold paste. (put less than a pea size drop of paste on a small crust of bread and gave to each chicken) -tapeworms cleared out quickly, and the hens kept right on thriving. -gals are 8 years old, now. That stuff works really, really well.
kittydoc has a good point, though. It works GREAT, but isn't approved for poultry.
Hi, when you gave zimecterin gold, how long did you withdrawal the eggs for? I have six hens, but only one has shown signs of tapeworm, and I gave her zimecterin gold. Someone mentioned withdrawing eggs if you sell them or have meat birds. Do you still withdrawal them if it’s just personal use with the eggs? And for how long?

It's enough to treat 1250 pounds of horses because the horse dose is only 1 mg per 2.2 pounds. The chicken dose is 10-20 times that, it's 10 mg/kg to 20 mg/kg.

If you have 18 chickens that weigh 6 pounds each, and one that weighs 10 pounds, that means you flock weighs 118 pounds.

118 / 2.2 x 20 / 77.5 = 13.84 ml
One tube = 7.35 grams = 7.35 ml
You will need two tubes to treat a 118 pound flock.
At this dosage, should the zimectrin gold be given again after 10ish days like other treatments (for tapeworms)? Or is it only to be given 1 time? Or should I use another dewormer medicine for the 2nd dose? Thank you

Back
Top Bottom