Lyndssxo08

Songster
5 Years
May 3, 2018
Purcellville, VA
My Coop
My Coop
OH MY GOODNESS! Sooooo .. a friend of mine that raises all sorts of birds, said she had invested in cameras to put out on her coops for security purposes - so obviously my first thought was "no way I can afford that - and technology is not my friend, so too much of a pain to even think about doing" - but man was I wrong! She told me to look into Wyze camera.

NOW FOLKS - let me give you a little back ground story on me. Back in May I lost almost all my babies to a fox. (13 chickens, a duck, and 2 turkeys - the only ones who survived was 1 duck, my rooster Earl, and Turk my turkey THANK GOD I HAD SURVIVORS). My sister in law (also thank god for her) chased down a fox that had my rooster in his mouth to finally get him to drop Earl. Basically it was crazy - and coming home to all this in the middle of the day and finding all my babies lying everywhere dead on the ground was legit heartbreaking - I spent that whole evening walking around searching for survivors and finding their bodies in the woods and now the amount of stress and anxiety I feel getting home is miserable every day. I literally will pray half the car ride home that my animals are safe and that I won't come home to any of them hurt or dead like that day. My worst fear is to go through that again, and when it comes to safety I am probably the most anal person you will ever find. I check all over each coop every evening to make sure nothing has tried to get in and for any new spots that may need to be more secure. We even concreted the chicken wire in the ground about a foot the whole way around the run. Literally my birds are my kids and I am a huge mother hen when it comes to messing with them - my husband just shakes his heads and thinks I'm nuts, but on my watch - I ain't losing another chicken to a predator!(fingers crossed)

Anyways - back to the camera - IF YOU OWN CHICKENS AND CARE ABOUT THEIR SAFETY - you need to invest in one of these babies! SERIOUSLY. They are $25 bucks on amazon and ship even in 1 DAY for free if you have Prime. They have no hidden fees, no monthly payments, it's a free APP on your phone, no extra charges! You just might want to invest in getting a 32GB SD card ($7.95)that you can put in it to store more videos etc and also if you plan to put outdoors they offer a little outdoor housing you can mount to anything to put on your camera to help with the weather and plug in the back from weather. ($11.95). The camera offers motion/sound detection that will send an alert to your phone (you can choose time frame you want to be alerted and also a detection zone on the screen of exactly where you want to be notified if something moves in that area), night vision, 2 way audio and the picture quality is pretty dang good (1080p). You will need to hook it up to Wifi and also the actual camera need to be plugged into a 120v outlet (we used an outdoor extension cord that we ran to our coop). This thing is a DREAM and 25 bucks - so obviously I was skeptical at first but I said why not. I ordered 2 to first start and now I find myself ordering 2 more. Its amazing and SOOO worth it. The amount of relief I get with this thing is worth even more than what I paid for them. Has anyone else used these? And what's your reviews on thems, problems, tricks, etc? I have posted the link below to order them if you want (and also posted a screenshot from the app on my phone showing both cameras I have setup and the current view from both) - they offer them on Amazon like I said earlier, but they have the actual Wyze website you can order them from as well - not sure what they charge for shipping though or how fast the package gets to you compared to Amazon. I hope this helps for some of you going through what I have when it comes to keeping your birds safe - I know how stressful it can be, and now being able to check in throughout the day on my babies, it's really nice that's for sure! Seriously - this is a game changer and a life saver!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076H3SRXG/?tag=backy-20

Attachments

• image1.png
    image1.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 188
I got a 2 pack for my upcoming birthday, so I haven't opened them yet. But I think my plan is going to be having one in the coop pointed at the nest boxes/roosts, and the other pointed at the run. I think I might try to dig out my old game/trail camera and set that to take motion detected photos at night. Would face that to have a view along the long side of my coop, which includes the pop door. So would probably catch any predators snooping around.

I got a 2 pack for my upcoming birthday, so I haven't opened them yet. But I think my plan is going to be having one in the coop pointed at the nest boxes/roosts, and the other pointed at the run. I think I might try to dig out my old game/trail camera and set that to take motion detected photos at night. Would face that to have a view along the long side of my coop, which includes the pop door. So would probably catch any predators snooping around.
That's a great idea! You can never be too safe with predators that's for sure!

Back
Top Bottom