Ok, so where I would put the camera is about 90 ft from the house.
Hmm. Will they still work at that range? My husband is even impressed with the specs and this camera!

Remember I don't believe they are weatherproof unless you get an aftermarket weatherproof cover for them and as far as I know they work on AC only. Maybe they have a battery operated one now.

Had a skunk problem. Set a live trap. A few days later caught a skunk. Problem is that I didn't know I'd caught a skunk and let the dogs out into the yard. One of them just had to check out what was in the trap. She took a load of skunk juice to the face. Spent $20 paying someone who really needed gas money and had an old car to take dog to groomers. Spent $40 at the groomers having dog deskunked.

Got smarter. Set up the Wyze camera to show the trap. Checked the camera first thing in morning before letting out dogs. Few days later had another skunk. Saw skunk in trap when I checked my phone. Did not let dogs out into the back yard. That camera more than paid for itself.

Last edited:
Ok, so where I would put the camera is about 90 ft from the house.
Hmm. Will they still work at that range? My husband is even impressed with the specs and this camera!
First thing, the cameras are only rated for use indoors. Many people do put them outside but the cameras have to be protected from the weather. The camera will work for you if you are able to plug it in and as long as your wifi reaches that far from your home. If you have a laptop computer or can borrow one, take it to the place you would like to set up your camera. Find out if there is wifi at that location.

First thing, the cameras are only rated for use indoors. Many people do put them outside but the cameras have to be protected from the weather. The camera will work for you if you are able to plug it in and as long as your wifi reaches that far from your home. If you have a laptop computer or can borrow one, take it to the place you would like to set up your camera. Find out if there is wifi at that location.
You can probably tell with your smartphone as they work on wifi too when in range.

Back
Top Bottom