Best dewormer to put in water?

She's probably talking about Wazine which is no longer sold.

There is a new product out made by Safe-guard and it's called Aquasol. It is very expensive but it can be added to water unlike every other kind of dewormer.

https://www.qcsupply.com/safeguard-aquasol-poultry.html

It is not true that you will see worms in their poop if they do have worms. You usually don't see worms until you deworm them.

If you are seeing worms and you have not given them a dewormer your birds are more than likely infested with worms and the worms literally have no more room to stay inside the bird which is why you're seeing them come out.
Oh, yeah Wazine was probably it. And holy cow Aquasol is expensive! Is there an alternative or is that my only option?

I am not seeing worms, as I said this is mostly a preventative measure as we lost a chicken and I’m not sure if it was worms.

Oh, yeah Wazine was probably it. And holy cow Aquasol is expensive! Is there an alternative or is that my only option?

I am not seeing worms, as I said this is mostly a preventative measure as we lost a chicken and I’m not sure if it was worms.
Was that one chicken showing any symptoms at all before she died?

Was that one chicken showing any symptoms at all before she died?
She was lethargic and listless, kept away from the flock and stood all puffed up, when I took her inside she wouldn’t stand on her own and lay on her side. She wasn’t egg bound, didn’t have lice or mites, her comb was fine and she didn’t have an impacted crop. I made a separate thread on here about her. I think it was coccidia or worms so I’m treating the flock preventatively for both.

She was lethargic and listless, kept away from the flock and stood all puffed up, when I took her inside she wouldn’t stand on her own and lay on her side. She wasn’t egg bound, didn’t have lice or mites, her comb was fine and she didn’t have an impacted crop. I made a separate thread on here about her. I think it was coccidia or worms so I’m treating the flock preventatively for both.
I just read your other thread.

When was the last time you brought any new birds home?
What exactly do you feed your flock?
Do you feed treats?

I just read your other thread.

When was the last time you brought any new birds home?
What exactly do you feed your flock?
Do you feed treats?
We last brought home new birds last April and she was one of them. We feed DuMor 16% layer crumble. I feed mealworms occasionally and fresh fruits and veggies.

We last brought home new birds last April and she was one of them. We feed DuMor 16% layer crumble. I feed mealworms occasionally and fresh fruits and veggies.
You can collect fresh poop from a few birds and have the vet test it for both worms and coccidiosis. It's cheap to do.

I higy doubt either of these is what killed your bird. Next time a bird dies I highly recommend sending it to your state lab for a necropsy do you know what you are dealing with. (Dealing directly with your state lab is almost always cheaper than going through a vet)

Limit feeding anything besides the layer feed to once a week and very small amounts.
There are numerous laying issues that kill that can be prevented by not letting your birds become over weight.

Zyfend A is not a wormer. It will not prevent nor treat worms. Much like VermX and DE, Zyfend A is a waste of money.
Ivermectin has lost its effectiveness as a wormer in poultry due to its overuse as a miteacide in poultry. I used Ivermectin years ago and was seeing roundworms in feces a month later. As a matter of fact, the northern fowl mite and red chicken mite are resistant to Ivermectin, probably other mites as well.

If you're going to worm your birds, use Safeguard liquid goat wormer, Valbazen liquid cattle/sheep wormer, Levamisole or Pyrantel Pamoate.
Liquids are more easily absorbed into the bloodstream than pastes.

You can collect fresh poop from a few birds and have the vet test it for both worms and coccidiosis. It's cheap to do.

I higy doubt either of these is what killed your bird. Next time a bird dies I highly recommend sending it to your state lab for a necropsy do you know what you are dealing with. (Dealing directly with your state lab is almost always cheaper than going through a vet)

Limit feeding anything besides the layer feed to once a week and very small amounts.
There are numerous laying issues that kill that can be prevented by not letting your birds become over weight.
Okay, will do. I meant to do a necropsy for Hazelnut but it occurred to me too late and I hadn’t put her body in the fridge. They only get treats about once a week as it is and I don’t believe any of them are overweight. But I’d have to weigh them to be sure.

Do your birds not go into a coop at night?
If you want to deworm them you can take one put at a time.

Zyfend A is not a wormer. It will not prevent nor treat worms. Much like VermX and DE, Zyfend A is a waste of money.
Ivermectin has lost its effectiveness as a wormer in poultry due to its overuse as a miteacide in poultry. I used Ivermectin years ago and was seeing roundworms in feces a month later. As a matter of fact, the northern fowl mite and red chicken mite are resistant to Ivermectin, probably other mites as well.

If you're going to worm your birds, use Safeguard liquid goat wormer, Valbazen liquid cattle/sheep wormer, Levamisole or Pyrantel Pamoate.
Liquids are more easily absorbed into the bloodstream than pastes.
Okay, I won’t use Zyfend A. I was kind of suspicious of its ingredients as it was “all natural.” Can safeguard liquid goat wormer go in their water or does it have to be dosed individually?

Back
Top Bottom