LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

Hers is like a couple hundred a month at most, I think. And she can't have more than a certain amount in her bank account either before they take it away, so it's not like she can just scrimp and save either

Ah disability it's so lovely here in the US.... Cause that's how it is here too.

Mason jars under the mattress.

Seriously though, you can't live on that! Scratching Montana off the list of possible places to move to.

Normally I wouldn't report cash sales, but if they're going to reward me for it, I'll tell them! Just probably not much more than the $100.

So it's not just Montana. That's how disability works across pretty much the entire United States. The federal cutoff is normally 2k across all accounts, even investments. You're allowed to have a government-issued health savings account where you can save up to 100k there! But that's not allowed to be touched except for very specific medical expenses.

The system is meant to keep disabled people in poverty. All these issues is why, even though I qualify for disability, I don't want it. Plus if I even got on it in the first place, the minute I marry my boyfriend, they'd just take away all my benefits because he makes too much money. It's a mess.

Gets off soapbox and tucks that thing back in the closet where it belongs...

In other news! Apparently, luck is on my side! I just sold my last 2 available females so I've set another batch of eggs in the incubator! Looks like the males are definitely going to be "Started Roasters" if you catch my drift. Which is fine, we could do with stocking the freezers.

Can't wait to get these darn chicks out of my office though... they're 2 weeks old now and omfg... one of the girls decided she was going to escape the brooder and run all over the place!! I caught her when I finally got home today so lord only knows how long she was running around for!

My alaskan malamute had a terrible start in life, and ended up abandoned with two puppies, who had been destroying her toys and eating all the food... I think that has something to do with it. Vets confirmed she's healthy, but she periodically goes off food. She could go days not eating at the slightest stress, ie. Someone raising their voice, or furniture being moved. She's better than when she first moved here but she still struggles at times. She also used to be resource aggressive, and isn't anymore, I'm very proud of her.

Currently she's got an amazing appetite and I'm hoping it's permanent since things are really settled and have been for a while. No big changes, no stresses.

For breakfast today she had her usual kibble, with a fresh egg from my girls, and three small fish.
She LOVED it, went crazy for it. And is still asking me for more! It was a big meal, but she's begging for more after licking the bowl clean.

I might make some more dog biscuits as a treat soon. I like to make use more sustainable ingredients, and enrich their diet with insects for protein rich treats- last time they came out amazing and they all went mad for them.

Sorry for the ramble, I'm just so happy with her!

In other news, I think I need to replant my sunflowers already, they're growing like mad and the roots are poking out of their little pots
:eek:
Also, my new duck house is mostly up... I have to take some extra steps to secure the floor and then the roof can go on!
I want to take a sledgehammer to their old coop.... it was such a waste of money, stress and time :mad:
But I've decided not to have anger issues anymore and that would cause people to question that. So I shall take a screwdriver and dismantle it. And I will *try* to reuse some of it so that it wasn't a total waste of money.

My alaskan malamute had a terrible start in life, and ended up abandoned with two puppies, who had been destroying her toys and eating all the food... I think that has something to do with it. Vets confirmed she's healthy, but she periodically goes off food. She could go days not eating at the slightest stress, ie. Someone raising their voice, or furniture being moved. She's better than when she first moved here but she still struggles at times. She also used to be resource aggressive, and isn't anymore, I'm very proud of her.

Currently she's got an amazing appetite and I'm hoping it's permanent since things are really settled and have been for a while. No big changes, no stresses.

For breakfast today she had her usual kibble, with a fresh egg from my girls, and three small fish.
She LOVED it, went crazy for it. And is still asking me for more! It was a big meal, but she's begging for more after licking the bowl clean.

I might make some more dog biscuits as a treat soon. I like to make use more sustainable ingredients, and enrich their diet with insects for protein rich treats- last time they came out amazing and they all went mad for them.

Sorry for the ramble, I'm just so happy with her!
My old girl occasionally goes off food for most the day. She has a lot of tumor issues now though (I've started calling her Princess Lumpy) so we think she gets stomach aches on those days.

My old girl occasionally goes off food for most the day. She has a lot of tumor issues now though (I've started calling her Princess Lumpy) so we think she gets stomach aches on those days.
Bless her, are the tumours benign?
My older girl is turning 13 next month and she's full of bumps and lumps now.
I was pretty stressed, cancer is a big fear I have as she's getting older- but the vet thinks they're benign, so we're just keeping an eye on them.

My malamute though just has behavioural stuff I'm pretty sure, vets are happy with her health and her weight, though we'd like her to put a little on because she's still a little slim for her breed- my parents malamute is much different. I think breeding is to blame partially, their dog (rescued along with my girl, she was one of the two pups) is from excellent breeding lines, her aunt and parents are show dogs and have won best of show in some competitions. My girl, idk where she was from. Only that she was a pedigree, I *think* housed outdoors, and the last of the litter to be picked.

Bless her, are the tumours benign?
My older girl is turning 13 next month and she's full of bumps and lumps now.
I was pretty stressed, cancer is a big fear I have as she's getting older- but the vet thinks they're benign, so we're just keeping an eye on them.

My malamute though just has behavioural stuff I'm pretty sure, vets are happy with her health and her weight, though we'd like her to put a little on because she's still a little slim for her breed- my parents malamute is much different. I think breeding is to blame partially, their dog (rescued along with my girl, she was one of the two pups) is from excellent breeding lines, her aunt and parents are show dogs and have won best of show in some competitions. My girl, idk where she was from. Only that she was a pedigree, I *think* housed outdoors, and the last of the litter to be picked.
We don't know, honestly. She's had at least one, I think it's two now, pop, but she didn't seem to even notice them bleeding and they stopped after a short while. She has far more good days than bad though, which is what matters now. But she's part German Shepherd and is over 10, so she's really old for her background too. She was a rez dog, so no papers and definitely no parent info besides a pic of mom.

We don't know, honestly. She's had at least one, I think it's two now, pop, but she didn't seem to even notice them bleeding and they stopped after a short while. She has far more good days than bad though, which is what matters now. But she's part German Shepherd and is over 10, so she's really old for her background too. She was a rez dog, so no papers and definitely no parent info besides a pic of mom.
She also is heavier than the vet likes, but we can't have her lose more weight. She went lower a few times over the years and every time, her back end would give out quickly until she got the weight back

If you ever get a chance I'd reccomend a dna test! I loved getting to know what breeds my old rescue is. It was pretty fun, and easy to take and send the sample, bit pricey though
If they popped could they have been cysts? Two of my old girls lumps are cysts

Back
Top Bottom