what is wrong with people-----selling puppies....

klf73

Mad Scientist
14 Years
Jun 1, 2008
Maine
I was just skimming the local for sale book. MUTTS are listed at $400!!!!!! A pug that got bred by a daschund! I love it that people pay so much for mutts....I would laugh when people bought *designer* dogs at the pet store I worked at when they could have got the same thing in the paper for free! I will never understand......
idunno.gif

Quote:
and tack on "OODLE" and you can add ANOTHER $200!!! Doodle, schnoodle, chihoodle, noodle.... whatevever... people will think it doesn't shed and is all the rage in designer dog fashion..
roll.png

A lot of "Doodles" go for over $1000....if not over $2000....... I will hopefully be getting a purebred puppy of a rare breed (spinone italiano) from top champion lines for $2000....I had glanced at a couple doodles before making that decision and the breeders I even slightly considered were selling them for over $2000....................

but I bet if you were the ones selling those pups for that money you would think its pretty great !! I think if a person is willing to pay whatever the asking price of anything,then its not to much for that person..one lady asked me if 2000 was to much for a 20 year old horse..for her daughter that was a very timid girl..I asked her what price was her kid worth and left it at that..everyone else told her she was crazy to pay that..she bought the horse for 2000,the kid learned to ride on a safe and sane horse ..so everyone was happy..and no terrified kid or emergency room bills in the end.

Quote:
You're right. It's whatever the market will bear. My friend bought a Porkie the other day. It's a teacup Pom and a teacup Yorkie crossed. Now, the pup is just as cute as it can be if you like that sort of thing (I'm a BIG dog girl myself) but this woman paid 500 bucks for this puppy! In this economy? Sometimes I wonder if the human race is worth saving.

One of my dogs is a "Snorkie," which is a Schnauzer & Yorkie mix. I got him for free though!
big_smile.png
He was actually about to be left at the animal shelter by his previous owners and I asked if I could have him. He's the best dog I've ever had and VERY smart!

28482_015.jpg

This is him after a trip to the groomer. His fur is usually a bit longer & shaggier.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom