2 week old chick labored breathing, gasping, lethargy

Very sweet. šŸ„° Sheā€™s sitting upā€¦ looking much better! Stronger.
Absolutely! She sleeps a lot though of course

Attachments

• IMG_20240413_191307369.jpg
    IMG_20240413_191307369.jpg
    324.7 KB · Views: 3
Very sweet. šŸ„° Sheā€™s sitting upā€¦ looking much better! Stronger.
She also stumbles a bit but that should go away in time. I'm so so happy she's able to walk. I was concerned she was brain dead. She does randomly do the drinking action. I think it's neurological

She also stumbles a bit but that should go away in time. I'm so so happy she's able to walk. I was concerned she was brain dead. She does randomly do the drinking action. I think it's neurological
If you hadnā€™t come across her laying in that bin of chicks, she wouldnā€™t have survived. I do hope that youā€™re able to find the answer to whatā€™s going on with her. Maybe thereā€™s something more specific that you can do to help her improve further.

@Wyorp Rock
@Debbie292d

If you hadnā€™t come across her laying in that bin of chicks, she wouldnā€™t have survived. I do hope that youā€™re able to find the answer to whatā€™s going on with her. Maybe thereā€™s something more specific that you can do to help her improve further.

@Wyorp Rock
@Debbie292d
What's strange is her siblings at the feed store had similar issues. But they just placed them near the water and they perked up. She wasn't improving. Honestly it's a miracle the others are alive as they could have just drowned doing this.
I'm not sure I can really do anything else besides continuing to make sure she eats and drinks and is warm. She has started crying when I leave the side of her bin

What's strange is her siblings at the feed store had similar issues. But they just placed them near the water and they perked up. She wasn't improving. Honestly it's a miracle the others are alive as they could have just drowned doing this.
I'm not sure I can really do anything else besides continuing to make sure she eats and drinks and is warm. She has started crying when I leave the side of her bin
She feels alone all by herself in the bin. Have you considered getting one of her siblings from the feed store to keep her company? If whatā€™s sheā€™s been going through is contagious, then all of the chicks in that bin wouldā€™ve been ill as well. So, since sheā€™s improved a lot, consider bringing one of her siblings home to keep her company. That may actually perk her up more.

She feels alone all by herself in the bin. Have you considered getting one of her siblings from the feed store to keep her company? If whatā€™s sheā€™s been going through is contagious, then all of the chicks in that bin wouldā€™ve been ill as well. So, since sheā€™s improved a lot, consider bringing one of her siblings home to keep her company. That may actually perk her up more.
Yes I am absolutely grabbing one or both of her siblings tomorrow as well as chick grit if she finished these whole chick crumbles I just wetted for her (even if she was fully healthy I don't feed dry pellets or crumbles)

Yes I am absolutely grabbing one or both of her siblings tomorrow as well as chick grit if she finished these whole chick crumbles I just wetted for her (even if she was fully healthy I don't feed dry pellets or crumbles)
Wonderful! Iā€™ll be looking forward to seeing photos of Azula and her siblings! And, Iā€™m sure sheā€™ll be feeling better tomorrow. šŸ™‚ Youā€™ve been doing a terrific job with her care, and sheā€™s responding well. Good to hear!

Wonderful! Iā€™ll be looking forward to seeing photos of Azula and her siblings! And, Iā€™m sure sheā€™ll be feeling better tomorrow. šŸ™‚ Youā€™ve been doing a terrific job with her care, and sheā€™s responding well. Good to hear!
Who knew food and a heating pad could do so much? Haha

Back
Top Bottom