Just a thought as I read through all these posts......

Has anyone here added a teaspoon of ACV to a glass of water and drank it?
I have. It burns like the dickens.

I think I will keep using it to kill wasps instead.

Lol yes I drink a third of a cup in 16 oz every day--i crave it! Tho the key additional ingredient is a half teaspoon of stevia annnd ice cubes. I'm pretty sure that you may have just tried ACV plain without diluting it? Because I thought that was how it was supposed to be taken and just like you said--i swore I'd just have to die than ever take it straight off the spoon :) a couple years ago my daughter stated making the mix I described for breakfast--she puts in a tablespoon of ACV into 16 oz water and stevia. I pour in extra ACV because it's so delicious. Try a recipe like that some time--I'll bet it doesn't burn!!!

Lol yes I drink a third of a cup in 16 oz every day--i crave it! Tho the key additional ingredient is a half teaspoon of stevia annnd ice cubes. I'm pretty sure that you may have just tried ACV plain without diluting it? Because I thought that was how it was supposed to be taken and just like you said--i swore I'd just have to die than ever take it straight off the spoon :) a couple years ago my daughter stated making the mix I described for breakfast--she puts in a tablespoon of ACV into 16 oz water and stevia. I pour in extra ACV because it's so delicious. Try a recipe like that some time--I'll bet it doesn't burn!!!

Nope mot straight. I mixed it in with cold water. It burned my throat enough that I knew it was not something I would do twice.

If it burned my throat what would it do to the birds throats was my next thought.
My birds get fresh clean water with no additives each morning.

Nope mot straight. I mixed it in with cold water. It burned my throat enough that I knew it was not something I would do twice.

If it burned my throat what would it do to the birds throats was my next thought.
My birds get fresh clean water with no additives each morning.

Oh no I'm sorry for your suffering! I ferment my own ACV which I also think tastes way better than store bought... And my 10 chickens prefer the treated water to plain--just so that you know it's very safe for chickens. 1 tablespoon per gallon...

I've read that the suggested dosing is 2 tablespoons of ACV to 1 gallon of water. I'm more generous and usually filling a 2+ gallon waterer so I put in up to a third cup on my 2+ gallon waterer. HUGE WARNING: do NOT put ACV or any acidic food/liquid into any metal cans/waterers as the leach -- so, don't put tomatoes, vinegars, etc in contact with galvanized steel or any other metals/waterers/feeders... Only use (BPA-free) plastic or glass for ACV enhanced water.
Thanks will try on next water exchange. My waterer is a plastic (BPA free) font waterer so it should be ok

Back
Top Bottom