Thank you so much for your kindness and help!!! We really appreciate it. She passed a little more egg yolk. I am wondering if there are two eggs? Maybe one that broke and that is where the yolk is coming from and also the soft shelled one that still seems whole? She fell asleep and her breathing is much less labored.
There could be 2 coming back to back, that would be harder on her. Poor girl ☹️

We were all new to this once 🙂 One of my BOs had a prolapsed vent, I thought she was dying. She was fine, it took a week for the prolapse to stay in and she laid the entire time (which didn’t help). Your baby will be OK.

Also, I wouldn’t put any solutions up the vent (unless someone more knowledgeable than me advises it), I don’t think that will help her any. Can you keep her inside where it’s warm and dark for the night so she’ll be more comfortable?
She will be sleeping in my bedroom tonight.😊 We won't do anymore solutions. I'm feeding her the calcium citrate right now. I smashed the pills and soaked them in water and am now feeding her it through a syringe.

She will be sleeping in my bedroom tonight.😊 We won't do anymore solutions. I'm feeding her the calcium citrate right now. I smashed the pills and soaked them in water and am now feeding her it through a syringe.
You’ll be surprised how easily chickens will swallow a pill hat would make a human gag! The calcium should help her, I think the dose is once a day 😊

Back
Top Bottom