Shipped eggs laying flat...

Pics
Mar 30, 2024
I'm new to this but I have a very important question about shipped eggs, I've been reading a lot about how shipped eggs need to wait 24 hours before putting into an incubator and they need to be sitting upright in the incubator, I have a kebonnixs incubator and I just ordered eggs. Did I waste my money? Can I lay my shipped eggs on their sides and have them be okay after 24 hours of sitting?

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow

Your eggs will be fine! As @Debbie292d stated above, let your eggs rest in an egg carton pointy side down for 24 hours to let the air cells reform at the top of the egg. Have your incubator warming up during this time. 24 hours later you can set your eggs.

Good luck with your hatch!

Okay great! I only bought 10 eggs because this is my first time using this incubator. What's a good hatch rate for shipped eggs?
Yes! They'll be fine on their sides in the incubator after 24 hours of rest pointy side down. You may want to not let it turn them for a couple of days though. I see that's recommended by a lot of folks.

Hiya, and welcome to BYC!! :frow

Okay great! I only bought 10 eggs because this is my first time using this incubator. What's a good hatch rate for shipped eggs?
Well, this year, some of us have had bad luck with the USPS playing football with our boxes of eggs apparently. Around 25% is all I got between about 4 different shipments incoming. Outgoing eggs to others was bad too.

In years past, I would always get around 75% though. Let's hope you get that!!

Well, this year, some of us have had bad luck with the USPS playing football with our boxes of eggs apparently. Around 25% is all I got between about 4 different shipments incoming. Outgoing eggs to others was bad too.

In years past, I would always get around 75% though

In years past, I would always get around 75% though. Let's hope you get that!!
Wow hopefully I have a lot of luck on my
side...

Back
Top Bottom