A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

3 turkey babies are doing well fending for themselves now. as momma is sitting on another nest of eggs. The babies still roost by momma and hang out by her when they not grazing around.

I have a set of dog kennels set up right outside my back door. When I walked out of the house I saw 2 of the baby turkeys purched on top of the kennel. I looked down at my 2 dogs and said where's the other turkey baby, did yall eat it? lol... It's honest sarcastic farm humor lol.

looked up and the other baby was on top of the house lol.. Turkey babies are so strong so young these are a month or 6 weeks old. They can fly up to the 6ft kennel (the house roof is just a short jump from there) They don't want to be pick up, but little puppy dog personalities for running to me when they hear my voice and then waiting at the back door for me to come out of the house first thing in the morning. Turkeys make me smile...

3 turkey babies are doing well fending for themselves now. as momma is sitting on another nest of eggs. The babies still roost by momma and hang out by her when they not grazing around.

I have a set of dog kennels set up right outside my back door. When I walked out of the house I saw 2 of the baby turkeys purched on top of the kennel. I looked down at my 2 dogs and said where's the other turkey baby, did yall eat it? lol... It's honest sarcastic farm humor lol.

looked up and the other baby was on top of the house lol.. Turkey babies are so strong so young these are a month or 6 weeks old. They can fly up to the 6ft kennel (the house roof is just a short jump from there) They don't want to be pick up, but little puppy dog personalities for running to me when they hear my voice and then waiting at the back door for me to come out of the house first thing in the morning. Turkeys make me smile...
Let me know when that smile turns upside down chasing the little @$$0/3& out of the trees and roof at lockup. I play wack a mole running them in the coop. :he :rant

Let me know when that smile turns upside down chasing the little @$$0/3& out of the trees and roof at lockup. I play wack a mole running them in the coop. :he :rant
They are a curiosity.. They are extremely stupid and highly intelligent all in one package. At times 9 lives and extremely lucky. I can't get through a hatching season without at least 1 to 3 finding creative ways to drown themselves. lol

the pasture hatched ones eventually mingle and follow the older turkeys into the big barn that I do shut up for th enight. Once the turkeys find the higher rafters in the barn, it's their favorite place at night. We don't have any trees, just pastures.

Well there was a thunderstorm and I wasn't out there and all turkeys that were loose, except 3 hens and 1 poult, were up in the trees. Once they get in the trees they are going to want to roost there every night. You would think with a storm they would want to go into the coops
Hoping the owls stay away.

20240808_081435_4.gif
20240808_081435_1.gif
20240808_081435_2.gif

Back
Top Bottom