Any artists out there?

Ohhh I am rlly bad at painting, I rlly like sketching people. I think I’m pretty decent at it, in black and whitView attachment 3778813
This is the only pic I have rn… I drew a man next to her but this was before that. I also enjoy drawing demons in color.
Decent? This is beautiful. What a great job you did. If I can give you a pointer. The line/shadow on her nose is kind of thick. The next time you draw a nose, if you have a blending stick go in and blend it a little more. Use the stick from the point on its side and rub it out a little. Meaning bring the charcoal out with the blending stick on its side. Add charcoal with the tortillian. Pick up some of the pencil/charcoal with a kneeding eraser and then use the blending stick and push the shadowing out. It will give the drawing a softer image of the nose, but you did a great job! I don't draw anything with demons. I don't want to even go there. But you should try pastels if you like color. She would be beautiful in soft pastels. You absolutely must have blending tools to work with pastels, or charcoal for a greater effect. You will be surprised at the difference.

Decent? This is beautiful. What a great job you did.
Thank you!
If I can give you a pointer. The line/shadow on her nose is kind of thick. The next time you draw a nose, if you have a blending stick go in and blend it a little more. Use the stick from the point on its side and rub it out a little. Meaning bring the charcoal out with the blending stick on its side. Add charcoal with the tortillian. Pick up some of the pencil/charcoal with a kneeding eraser and then use the blending stick and push the shadowing out. It will give the drawing a softer image of the nose, but you did a great job!
Okay, that’s sound interesting I will try it. Noses are my weakness. Do you have any products you recommend? My mom went to school for fashion designing so I had her old prismacolor pencils and caliart markers.
I don't draw anything with demons. I don't want to even go there.
I guess I like how creative they allow you to be. The mermaid, Ill show a picture. I think I already posted it, but I’ll post it again rlly quick. The mermaid is the kind of other thing I draw.
But you should try pastels if you like color. She would be beautiful in soft pastels. You absolutely must have blending tools to work with pastels, or charcoal for a greater effect. You will be surprised at the difference.
Okay, cool! The photo I used for inspiration was actually in pastels! That’s impressive that you just came up with that!
image.jpg

Top right is the same drawing, but finished with the man. The girl top right is older, but she is my pup if she were a human, in my opinion. Bottom is USO, which means lie in Japanese. I had a dream the night my grandmother died, about her as a goddess fighting a demon. That’s what got me into drawing them. In Japanese her name means truth, and I figured her opponent could be lie.

Thanks again for the advice and compliments, they really mean a lot to me.

Thank you!

Okay, that’s sound interesting I will try it. Noses are my weakness. Do you have any products you recommend? My mom went to school for fashion designing so I had her old prismacolor pencils and caliart markers.

I guess I like how creative they allow you to be. The mermaid, Ill show a picture. I think I already posted it, but I’ll post it again rlly quick. The mermaid is the kind of other thing I draw.

Okay, cool! The photo I used for inspiration was actually in pastels! That’s impressive that you just came up with that!
View attachment 3779234
Top right is the same drawing, but finished with the man. The girl top right is older, but she is my pup if she were a human, in my opinion. Bottom is USO, which means lie in Japanese. I had a dream the night my grandmother died, about her as a goddess fighting a demon. That’s what got me into drawing them. In Japanese her name means truth, and I figured her opponent could be lie.

You have a lot of talent! Your drawings are beautiful. Keep it up. Yes, I posted a link on another thread on some very inexpensive drawing tools that is a must for drawing or outlining any art work you want to do. Most students don't know about these tools or how to use them but they make all the difference in the world. Especially drawing a nose. Noses are the hardest body part to get right because it's all shadowing. No lines at all and it's all done with a blending stick and tortillians. Are you in the US? If so the kit is about $6. You would need 2. One for soft pastels, and one for pencil and charcoal. You will love using them. Also, I bought blending brushes for my pastel work and the blending stumps. The brushes add texture and softness. As for mermaids. My 28 yo daughter loves drawing them. She loves Manga art. She is very talented.

I have been teaching art for 40 + years so I know art. I was blessed with getting art scholarships in high school for my college education. I have been teaching since. I teach mostly adults now and my favorite medium is charcoal and watercolor. Watercolor is difficult though because there isn't room for error. If you mess up you can't fix it with watercolor like you can charcoal. The my next is pen and ink and there is NO room for any kind of errors in ink or the artwork is destroyed.
Interesting that your mom was in fashion design. So was I but I graduated in 1982 from college, lol. I still do some work in fashion design, mostly formal wear. And you are using the best tools to color too. There is nothing better on the market than Prismacolor pencils and caliart markers. The colors are bright, vibrant, and bold. Good job!

Thank you!

View attachment 3779234

Here are the items I was taking about. You would need 2 kits, one for pastels and one for pencil/charcoal. They are so much fun to use and make all the difference in the world with your artwork.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08F...&pd_rd_r=f57663a9-4633-4cbc-a033-fe50672559e7

Thank you!

View attachment 3779234

And these if you really like pastels. But try the other kit first to get used to working with them. If you like it then buy these:

https://www.amazon.com/Creative-Mar...refix=pastel+blending+brushes,aps,127&sr=8-12

And these:

https://www.amazon.com/Creative-Mar...ushes&qid=1711165044&sprefix=,aps,128&sr=8-13

I want to draw my version of the villain is the new ghostbusters movie, lol! I like to create stories based off the characters I draw. Have you seen it yet, the new ghostbusters? He’s sooo creepy, with giant horns, super think and lanky, tall, cold as ice, his power is ice and he’s pretty indestructible. Oh, and best part, he has suuuuuuper long claws. I love that kinda thing. Why are the villains always way cooler that the superheroes?
I didn’t know that was coming out.
I do love Ghostbusters though.

You have a lot of talent! Your drawings are beautiful. Keep it up. Yes, I posted a link on another thread on some very inexpensive drawing tools that is a must for drawing or outlining any art work you want to do. Most students don't know about these tools or how to use them but they make all the difference in the world. Especially drawing a nose. Noses are the hardest body part to get right because it's all shadowing. No lines at all and it's all done with a blending stick and tortillians. Are you in the US? If so the kit is about $6. You would need 2. One for soft pastels, and one for pencil and charcoal. You will love using them.
Okay, cool! Yes, I live in Tennessee. What are tortillians? 😂
Also, I bought blending brushes for my pastel work and the blending stumps. The brushes add texture and softness. As for mermaids. My 28 yo daughter loves drawing them. She loves Manga art. She is very talented.

I have been teaching art for 40 + years so I know art. I was blessed with getting art scholarships in high school for my college education. I have been teaching since. I teach mostly adults now and my favorite medium is charcoal and watercolor. Watercolor is difficult though because there isn't room for error. If you mess up you can't fix it with watercolor like you can charcoal.
Yeah, I understand. I like watercolors because I can bland them better than anything. Like I said earlier, I really can’t paint, the only thing I’m decent at painting is sunsets, with watercolor. I tried flowers after a tutorial with different paints, but they looked like weird jellyfish. I like to draw something with a white crayon, then ombré colors over it, it turns out pretty and so easy!
The my next is pen and ink and there is NO room for any kind of errors in ink or the artwork is destroyed.
I use ballpoint pens in sketching sometimes, and have even gotten to sketch with a quill tip pen, that was incredible. No, it did not look like much, but it was a fun experience.
Interesting that your mom was in fashion design. So was I but I graduated in 1982 from college, lol. I still do some work in fashion design, mostly formal wear.
Yes, her drawings are super good, she mainly focused on proportions tho and colors, whereas I like black and white shading and closer to realism things.
And you are using the best tools to color too. There is nothing better on the market than Prismacolor pencils and caliart markers. The colors are bright, vibrant, and bold. Good job!
I love my caliarts, my prismacolors really need to be replaced, but they are crazy expensive!! Beauty comes with pain tho. The only thing I dislike about the caliart markers is how the lighter colors, when they overlap or layer, the color changes almost. I have this light pink, and if I try to shade by going over a few times, it turns orange. I’m not sure what to do about that, hence why the mermaids skin is white!

Okay, cool! Yes, I live in Tennessee. What are tortillians? 😂

Yeah, I understand. I like watercolors because I can bland them better than anything. Like I said earlier, I really can’t paint, the only thing I’m decent at painting is sunsets, with watercolor. I tried flowers after a tutorial with different paints, but they looked like weird jellyfish. I like to draw something with a white crayon, then ombré colors over it, it turns out pretty and so easy!

I use ballpoint pens in sketching sometimes, and have even gotten to sketch with a quill tip pen, that was incredible. No, it did not look like much, but it was a fun experience.

Yes, her drawings are super good, she mainly focused on proportions tho and colors, whereas I like black and white shading and closer to realism things.

I love my caliarts, my prismacolors really need to be replaced, but they are crazy expensive!! Beauty comes with pain tho. The only thing I dislike about the caliart markers is how the lighter colors, when they overlap or layer, the color changes almost. I have this light pink, and if I try to shade by going over a few times, it turns orange. I’m not sure what to do about that, hence why the mermaids skin is white!
Crayola colors of the world colored pencils
Also, a tip, pale skin is actually just a very light shade of orange and dark skin is brown (which is just an orange with black mixed in.)

Back
Top Bottom