Anyone Linux users out there?

You do have a point about gaming. Play On Linux is a bit of a mess and Wine has never delivered as promised.
I tired PlayOnLinux once. And then I just stuck to wine and real Windows out of annoyance and laziness.

For my purposes, I have Linux on my main computer, and Windows on another for the purpose of using things like iTunes and jailbreak tools.
My mealworms could use the heat from your rack :).
desk1.jpg
desk2.jpg

Been a while.

Sun Microsystems and liquid sunshine (Dr Pepper) on one desk.
The funny thing is the only machine runing solaris in that photo is the ultra2 on top of the storage array, specifically because the raid card wasn't supported on ultralinux and that was my fileserver. The Ultra 10 on the floor was redhat ultralinux and the ultra5 hiding behind it was running whatever the current flavor of debian sparc was at that point. Everything else was some flavor of RHEL or fedora, except the full tower in the open cabinet on the desk (which yu can't see here), which was my AMD K6-2 300 windows gaming rig at the time.

The funny thing is the only machine runing solaris in that photo is the ultra2 on top of the storage array, specifically because the raid card wasn't supported on ultralinux and that was my fileserver. The Ultra 10 on the floor was redhat ultralinux and the ultra5 hiding behind it was running whatever the current flavor of debian sparc was at that point. Everything else was some flavor of RHEL or fedora, except the full tower in the open cabinet on the desk (which yu can't see here), which was my AMD K6-2 300 windows gaming rig at the time.
How many years ago was that picture taken?
I love old computers.

How many years ago was that picture taken?
I love old computers.
I mean:

[root@ferrum photos]# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
vendor_id : AuthenticAMD
cpu family : 15
model : 67
model name : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+
stepping : 3
cpu MHz : 2999.979
cache size : 1024 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 2
core id : 0
cpu cores : 2
apicid : 0
initial apicid : 0
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 1
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt rdtscp lm 3dnowext 3dnow rep_good extd_apicid pni cx16 lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm extapic cr8_legacy retpoline
bogomips : 5999.95
TLB size : 1024 4K pages
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 64
address sizes : 40 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management: ts fid vid ttp tm stc

Circa 2007. That's my current fileserver.

Back
Top Bottom