Anyone Setting eggs on 4/10/12??? Want to hatch with me?

ok as of 2pm today it was day 18 and I have 2 that have pipped. Kind of early for our breed I thought. But one of them you can see the beak sticking out of the hole that he has made. the other is just a little spot. that makes so far 2 of the 11 that made it to lockdown.

Today is day 21 for me, and its about over, and so far nothing from my 2 eggs that made it to lockdown. I'm close to calling it mission failure and moving on to the next batch to try again. I'm new to this, so I guess I gotta live and learn through trial and error.
hu.gif

No, no it's not over.. give it another couple of days. Just like human pregnancy isn't exactly 9 months to the day, hatching isn't always exactly 21 days.

Thanks for the encouragement. :) I'll give it a couple more days and keep my fingers crossed. I want to candle them SOOOO badly, but I have heard how bad that can be during lockdown, so I'll just be patient I guess and collect a few more eggs from my flock this week for my next batch.

frow.gif
Thought I'd pop in and announce that, so far, I have......

Nothing.
hit.gif

NO pips at all.
idunno.gif

I'll hang in there for another few days, but it looks like I still haven't gotten the issues
barnie.gif
ironed out in my homemade incubator.
he.gif

9 eggs made it to lockdown, though 4 of them looked underdeveloped for their age at the final candling.
hu.gif

Depressing, though... this is my third attempt in this 'bator, and I have 3 different thermometers & 2 hygrometers, plenty of heat-sink water bottles, a way to add water without opening anything, and plenty of ventilation. Thought I'd cured the issues, but I guess not. *sigh*

Anyway, congrats
celebrate.gif
thumbsup.gif
clap.gif
to those of you with cute little brand new fuzzy-butts
jumpy.gif
to enjoy!
wee.gif

I'll come back when it's all said and done, to give a final count... even if that count is still zero.
roll.png

frow.gif

Nothing.
hit.gif

NO pips at all.
idunno.gif

I'll hang in there for another few days, but it looks like I still haven't gotten the issues
barnie.gif
he.gif

9 eggs made it to lockdown, though 4 of them looked underdeveloped for their age at the final candling.
hu.gif

Depressing, though... this is my third attempt in this 'bator, and I have 3 different thermometers & 2 hygrometers, plenty of heat-sink water bottles, a way to add water without opening anything, and plenty of ventilation. Thought I'd cured the issues, but I guess not. *sigh*

Anyway, congrats
celebrate.gif
thumbsup.gif
clap.gif
jumpy.gif
to enjoy!
wee.gif

I'll come back when it's all said and done, to give a final count... even if that count is still zero.
roll.png

Dang, that really is a bummer.
hugs.gif
Dont lose hope completly yet. It sure sounds like you have all the right stuff going on in that incubator and all your basis covered. Keep us updated!!

frow.gif

Nothing.
hit.gif

NO pips at all.
idunno.gif

barnie.gif
he.gif

hu.gif

Anyway, congrats
celebrate.gif
thumbsup.gif
clap.gif
jumpy.gif
to enjoy!
wee.gif

roll.png

You're not the only one! I have gotten absolutely nothing, no peeping, no pips, no nothing. I'm really hoping that they are just late hatching. Hoping the same for you :D

Dang, that really is a bummer.
hugs.gif
Dont lose hope completly yet. It sure sounds like you have all the right stuff going on in that incubator and all your basis covered. Keep us updated!!
Thanks, and I will certainly let you know how it ends.
smile.png

You're not the only one! I have gotten absolutely nothing, no peeping, no pips, no nothing. I'm really hoping that they are just late hatching. Hoping the same for you :D
Thanks, and I hope you're right about both of ours.
fl.gif

How long does it usually take for a chick to come out of the egg after pipping? It's going on 13 or 14 hours. started about 1 pm yesterday (may 1) he is hatching at day 18. was wondering ball park figure about how long it usually takes.

my first chick took around 15 hours to hatch vvso be patint thse others where popping oout like popcorn 3 in 29 minutes! a few of ythe are moving now. should iI take out the ones that hatched its been about 12 housrs sinsece

Back
Top Bottom